I found this recipe on another blog awhile ago and saved it in my "to try" file.
I made them this week to take to a friend and I think they are a keeper.
Very easy and very yummy!
Whoopie Pie Ingredients:
2 packages of Devil's Food Cake Mix
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup Crisco {shortening}
Frosting Ingredients:
4 cups of powdered sugar
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all the whoopie pie ingredients and mix. The batter will be thick, that is normal.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Use a tablespoon to scoop spoonfuls and place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
This batch will make about 24 complete whoopie pies {2 cookies per pie}.
As the "pies" cool, make the frosting.
Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.

2 comments:
Yum!!
Cute!! Wilton makes whoopie pie pans too!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
Post a Comment