Thursday, December 9, 2010

7 Months

Miss Breeley May turned 7 months on the 7th.  I feel like I just posted her monthly update, but here we go again....

Weight: I'm not really sure.  I can't even weigh her on our scale to get an estimate because our scale is broken.  (Trying to decide if that is a good thing or a bad thing....)  I am going to guess around 18lb.  I don't feel like she has grown a lot in the last month.

Clothes: 6-9 months or 6-12 months. There are a few 9m outfits in there too.

Diapers: 2s and 3s

Favorite Foods:  She is starting to want baby food more and more.  We start off everyday with rice cereal.  She usually has a fruit for "lunch" and a veggie for "dinner".  She is still drinking about 5 bottles a day.  (6oz except for bedtime when she has an 8oz bottle). 

* She is getting really good at eating puffs on her own.  Josh pulled down the high chair so I usually shake some out onto the tray as I get her "meal" ready.  She is very happy to sit and snack on those with her sister.  It's cute to watch them eat together. 

* On Thanksgiving we gave her "real food" for the first time and let her try mashed potatoes.  She wasn't so sure about them and gagged a little bit.  I think we are going to try again at Christmas and then may add in other table foods. 

Favorite things to do:
* Right now it is pulling up on things!  The girl thinks she can walk/stand.  She can't balance on her own at all but if she is in her crib, or if my leg or a chair or something is available to grab onto, she is trying to stand up. 

* She is really into paper and cords right now.  If there is paper anywhere, she is grabbing for it.  The problem is she chews it.  We have had at least 3 choking moments with her and it is always paper that I have to pull out with my finger.  (Alyse never put anything in her mouth - I think because her "tassy" was always in her mouth.  B isn't a huge fan of the paci so I guess she is more adventurous with putting more things in her mouth.  It keeps me on the look out for small items a lot - especially with a 3yr old sister and a puppy sharing the same floor!)  As for cords - she loves vacuum cords, phone chargers, and now Christmas tree plugs.  Scares me because she loves to pull on them!

* She is starting to really like toys, which is great with Christmas coming up. 

Things I don't want to forget:
* This month she has learned a bunch of new "tricks".  First she claps, which is precious!!!!  She also says "AHHH" when you pat your hand over her mouth and she rubs her fist over her lips so it makes the "BBBBBB" sound.  (I don't know if that makes scence at all reading it...)

* My favorite thing that she has started doing is reaching out for you to pick her up.  It melts me every time she reaches for me!

* She still does 2 things that she has done since she was born that I love.  First, she stick sucks when she is sleeping when there is not a bottle or anything in her mouth.  I think it is so cute.  She also still sticks her tongue out a lot.

* I am so excited for her 1st Christmas.  She seems to really like the lights and music.  And I like to dress her up in Christmas clothes.  (I had 3 people tell me that she looked like an elf in this outfit, but I think she looked precious!)


6 months
5 months
4 months
3 months
2 months
1 month


3 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Well, if she is an elf she is the cutest elf I have ever seen! I can't believe how big she is getting and how fast! You have to email me where you get all her cute personalized tops from! If our baby is a girl (or a boy, really, I guess) I have to get some cute monogrammed outfits now that we live in the South!

Mindy said...

Sweet! LOVE that adorable shirt she has on!

Natalie said...

Precious, precious, precious. I love that you think to document this fleeting time every month. She's adorable!