Last Saturday the Weather Man told us that we were going to get some snow. Now, I usually don't get my hopes up when they say that but since we hadn't had any snow at all I was hoping we would get a good amount because the girls were so excited.
In the morning there was some typical wet southern snow. There was a good amount falling but nothing at all was sticking to the ground.
After Breeley's nap, we got ready to go out to do our regular Saturday church stuff. When I opened the garage I realized that there was actually a good amount of snow.
My snow driving talents are a little rusty but off we went onto the empty roads.
(Snow means everyone is off the roads or driving very slowly!)
I promised the girls that when Josh got home he would take them out to play.
When he got home from church I bundled them up (Alyse was acting like it was a blizzard out there - Southern girl) and Josh got the sled.
(She wasn't very happy cause I hadn't put her mittens on yet - but here is Breeley with her tutu on top of her snowsuit that she insisted upon wearing.)
Most of the snow was gone after church the next day
Good thing I still have some in my freezer.
Yes, we collected some for some snow cream but I have yet to make it.
5 days later.
Guess it will be more special when we actually get to make it and play with snow when there isn't any outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment