Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's A Girl

At the end of February we found out that Baby C is a GIRL!
 
 
We took the girls with us for the ultrasound so they could see the baby but decided to keep it a secret from them and do a little reveal.  The plan was to do a photo shoot with the girls opening a box full of balloons but it was actually a rainy, gross day, and we knew there was a chance that Miss Alyse was going to cry so we decided to just stay home and tell them ourselves.
 
We did stick with the balloon plan.
I prepared a big bag with some pink balloons in it.  Josh opened the bag and poured the balloons out for them.  At first everyone was very excited, because it is kinda fun to have balloons fall on you, but soon Alyse realized they were pink and not blue.
 
Breeley was very excited.  She kept throwing balloons around and saying "A girl! A girl!"

 
Alyse went behind the couch and cried.  She kept saying. "It is suppose to be a boy!  I wanted a boy!"

 
We had a little 10min break and talked about how God must have wanted us to have a baby girl and that we would have so much fun being girly.  Eventually everyone was happy and acting silly.



 
I have to say that I was very surprised myself that she is a girl.
I was sad cause I knew that Alyse was going to be disappointed and it is kinda sad that Josh most likely won't have a little boy to play sports with, etc... And I'm sure we will have a lot of girl drama in this house! But on the other hand I know girls, and I am much more comfortable with a little girl.  It will also save us money.  We have all pink and girly things. 
 
I can't wait to be the mommy of 3 little girls.
 

No comments: