Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Snow Day In the Mountains

This year (so far) we have not had any snow here in Charlotte.  Sad!  Josh and I had been talking about taking the girls to the mountains to play in the snow.  So when a few weekends ago we had a Saturday off of our regular routine, we decided to take a very spontaneous trip to the mountains. 
 
A friend of mine had already done some research and found a free sledding hill in Beech Mountain.  I knew that I was not going to be able to sled with the girls and Josh was going to have to do the walking and sledding by himself with both girls so we wanted something kinda small and easy.  So that is where we decided to head off to.
 
I went through our snow stuff, which we didn't have very much of and packed us up for a day in the snow.  (It was kinda ironic because I had just ordered new scarves, gloves, hats, a snowsuit for Breeley, etc but none of them had come in.  They arrived at our house 2 days after our trip.)
 
First we drove the 3.5hrs and went sledding.



 
Alyse really liked it.
 
After awhile we done and decided to head to Boone.
 
We went to the Daniel Boone Inn to eat dinner.
The next week Alyse and I did a lesson on who Daniel Boone was to make a school connection.  We have also been talking about snow so I kinda consider this a field trip. :)
 
We were home by 8:30pm.
It was a fabulous day trip.
So glad we went.
 
 

1 comment:

therookiewife said...

Sounds like a fun day trip! We were up there right before you guys went up and also went to the Daniel Boone Inn- their ham biscuits are the best!