Wed, January 23rd.
It was a normal morning.
Josh got up with the girls, fed them breakfast and went to work. I was getting ready for the day when Alyse walked in and said "Mommy! Look!" When I looked at her she was holding a tooth in her hand and had a big gap in her smile.
I screamed and started to cry.
(If you know me, I have a huge tooth issue. I hate teeth! I have literally been dreading Alyse loosing her teeth for years and praying she would maybe never have a loose tooth.)
She had this worried look on her face so I had to switch gears really fast and try to be excited for her. (I mean, there was no turning back. The tooth was out.)
I didn't even know she had a loose tooth (Thank you, God cause I would have not been able to relax.) She said she didn't really know either. She said it felt funny so she touched it and it just came out and didn't hurt at all.
That afternoon we went and picked out some fabric and I made her a Tooth Fairy Pillow.
(Was not planning on that anytime soon. Also I didn't have any type of pattern or demo. I just kinda made it up as I went along.)
I also created a Tooth Fairy Receipt.
Once everyone was asleep, the Tooth Fairy came and left the receipt and a sparkly dollar bill (hairspray and glitter) in her new pillow.
Alyse had asked if the Tooth Fairy would let her keep her tooth, and really I don't think that the Tooth Fairy needed it, so now it is in Alyse's little treasure box.
The Tooth Fairy job is kinda fun, but I do hope that it is a while until she has to come back.
And I am still getting use to that gappy smile.


1 comment:
Wow! Such a big girl! I'm dreading the day teeth start coming out in this house too :-/
Post a Comment