Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Those were the days that we went to Carowinds last week.
For those of you who don't know, Carowinds is an amusement park here in the Charlotte area. I have been my whole life, but this year Josh and I decided to get season passes for the first time. I didn't know that my oldest child would love it as much as she does. And I didn't think that I would spend 5 days there in one week...but at least we are getting our money's worth.
Sunday night we went to go get our pictures taken and actually pick up our passes. Since Daddy was with us we also hit some rides.
The next day I took the girls by myself for the first time. We rode a few rides and spent time at the water park. It was a little colder and cloudy that day so we didn't stay forever.
(My biggest memory from this day was that somehow when I took off Breeley's swim diaper I didn't put a regular diaper back on. On the way home she kept saying, "Mommy! I potty! Potty, Mommy!" We are somewhat working on potty training so I just said, "It's ok Breeley. Mommy can't pull over. Just go in your diaper." Then she said, "Mommy, no diaper. Breeley no diaper!" I still didn't connect... Then when we got home I pulled her out and she was soaking wet. I lifted up her dress and there was a bare bottom. Oops!)
It rained on Tuesday and Wednesday so we didn't make it back to the park until Thursday. I didn't take any pictures that day but there was more time spent at the water park.
On Friday, Josh's sister, Rachel, came back with us. Alyse got to ride more rides and finally got to go on the Lazy River that she had been dying to try out. (Cell phone pic. Not the best. They are in the green and purple floats.)
Saturday we decided to go back with Daddy even though we knew it would be busy. Alyse was able to ride a few more rides she hadn't been able to before plus she finally got to ride the pink carousel horse that she had been wanting to ride for the last 5 times she rode. (It is a popular horse. Little girls take off for that thing! It was a race every time to get to it. Good thing Josh is fast.) We also finally saw the Peanuts characters. (The kids area is "Planet Snoopy" now. It use to be all Nickelodeon, but I remember when it was Hannah Barbara- Flintstones and Smurfs.)
This week I am sure that we will head back to play again, but I think we are going to take a few days off. But... well, I will miss the exercise. Walking that park 3 days in a row left my legs feeling a little sore. I think it may be a good way to burn some extra calories this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment