Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios


Of course Magic Kingdom is my favorite Disney park, but I have a love for Hollywood Studio that almost puts it in the number one spot.  (I think the love grew for it when I was a little girl who was obsessed with the Mickey Mouse Club.  They recorded there and my sister and I would have died to go!) 

It was sad because it was our last day,  but I was excited to go.
I had told Alyse there was a lot of shows there, including an Ariel show. 
Right after we got there (and Josh had run off to get us all Fast Pass tickets for the Toy Story ride) we headed to that Ariel show.

My girl loves her some Ariel!

It was a fabulous show. 



Right as we walked out of the Little Mermaid, they were opening the doors for the Disney Junior live on Stage.  Miss Breeley is a fan and watches Disney Junior almost every morning so we got ourselves a great seat for her to watch.

I don't remember much about this show because I was watching her the whole time.  She LOVED it.

She danced a lot.  She laughed.  She hunted for pirate tokens. She pat/clapped with the Little Einsteins, and loved celebrating Minnie's birthday.

Alyse liked it a lot too, but this was defiantly Breeley's favorite.

It started to get a little cloudy out so I made everyone pose for the daily park shot before the rain began.


This family picture of us beside the "big ears" will be framed and put right beside a picture of Josh and I in front of those ears on our honeymoon.


After lunch, we were off to see the Beauty and the Beast show.
Again, Breeley was in love.  She danced the whole show.

Then we were off to visit the Tower of Terror.  I wasn't sure if Alyse would do it, but she said she wanted to.  We told her that the elevator went up and down and that it would kinda be like when Daddy threw her up in the air, caught her, and threw her back up again.  She was excited to go.

The Before:

The After:

She really did love it and was so proud of herself for riding it.



While we were riding Tower of Terror my parents went to go get us a spot for the Pixar parade.  Sadly it lasted like a minute.  I guess because the rain was about to start they did a VERY small parade with like 3 characters.  We were a little disappointed, but right as it ended the rain started to fall.

Good thing the Great Movie Ride was right there.  We rushed in.
My mom loved this ride.  (I did too.)

It was still raining very hard when we came out.  We made our way over to the Indiana Jones show that started in a few minutes.
Alyse watched this show intently.  She was very nervous during the action parts.  It was so funny.

Next we were off to "Papa's Ride"- Star Wars.

They liked it, a lot!

My parents took the girls and Josh and I went and rode the Rockin Roller Coaster.
I am not a huge roller coaster girl, but my husband loved this ride. 

We met my parents for dinner at the 50s Prime Time Diner.
I loved the theme and the old shows that were playing on the TVs.
Breeley loved the Mickey plate. 

Alyse loved another birthday treat.

Finally it was time for the Toy Story Mania ride.
(Yay for Josh rushing to get Fast Passes!)


Loved it!
I can see why it is so popular.



Josh then decided he wanted to surprise the girls with some new dolls.  They were excited.

It made me a little emotional because we had just watched a little bio movie about Walt Disney.  In it, he talked about how the idea for Disneyland/World had come to him because every Saturday he took his 2 little girls for a play day.  He decided he wanted a place where they could go and enjoy their time together instead of just watching them play.


Well, this Daddy and his 2 little girls had a fabulous time!

We ended the night by going to the Fantasmic show.
There are lights, fireworks, fire... amazing show.   Unfortunately Breeley was exhausted and I ended up holding her and carrying her for the rest of the evening so there aren't any more pictures.  But it was fabulous.

When we got back to the hotel the girls went right to sleep.
Josh and I snuck out... we left the girls and were off to Downtown Disney.
(It was kinda spur of the moment and I forgot to grab my camera.)
By the time we got there most things were closed, but we walked around and talked about how great the trip was and how glad we were that we had come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun time!!