Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 3 - Lots of Food and More Magic Kingdom


Day 3 (AKA - The day we ate a lot.)

We started the day by having Mickey and his friends make us breakfast.

Minnie came to our table and I didn't think that Breeley was going to let her go.  This was the longest hug!  She went back in about 3 times before we finally made her stop to take a picture.


She went right back to the kissing of the noses.


 

She also kissed Pluto.  I missed taking a picture but right afterwards he fell on the floor and put his legs up in the air.  Breeley thought that was the funnest thing in the whole world.


Before Mickey made it to our table it was time to celebrate.  They played a song and everyone twirled their napkins in the air.


Alyse was very intense about her napkin twirling.

Finally it was their turn to love on Mickey.

After breakfast we hopped on the Monorail to head back to the Magic Kingdom.


We walked around for awhile to show Grammy and Papa Main Street and then we decided to go see the Fairies.
Rosetta was I think my favorite character that we met.  She was amazing!  She made all of us laugh and the girls would have sat and talked to her forever.  I was actually so drawn in by her personality that I didn't take a ton of pictures.  Loved her.  Maybe it was her sweet southern personality.
(*Do you see Alyse's hair twirling going on?)

Breeley was excited to see Tink, or "Bell" as Breeley calls her.

While we were in line to go see the Fairies my parents had decided to walk around a little.  I had asked them to maybe go check out the Rapunzel line.  I had heard that it is the longest character line.  I knew the girls wanted to see her so I thought that maybe we could stand in 2 lines at once.  (Cheater, I know!)  There were 2 people in front of us to go into see the Fairies when my Mom texted me to say that they had gone to the line and we were 1st!  They saved our spot till we got there.  However, we still waited about an hour because Miss Rapunzel was late coming out to see her fans.  I guess it took her a long time to do that hair.

I was getting my camera and autograph books opened when Rapunzel opened the door to come out.  I missed it on camera, but Breeley saw her and took off.  She ran up to her and gave her a huge hug and yelled "Punzelllll!!!!!!".  It was so funny. 

It was totally worth the wait to see her because she was super sweet and my girls were so excited to see her.


Afterwards Alyse insisted that we go back to ride the Haunted Mansion and The Pirates of the Caribbean with Grammy and Papa.  We also watched as Captain Jack Sparrow did a little "show" but Alyse refused to get too close because she did not want him to make her a pirate.

Then we moved onto the Jungle Cruise.

Finally it was time to use a Fast Pass and let Miss Alyse ride her 1st "big girl" ride.  Grammy stayed with Breeley while the rest of us went to go ride Splash Mountain.

The before:

The after:

The action shot:

Alyse loved the boat ride part.  She was all about the story of Brier Rabbit.  The big drop into the brier patch... she did not love.  I think it was more the water in her face that she was not prepared for.  I wasn't either.  I forgot how wet we would be after.  We were soaked.  My hair would not be the same afterwards!

When we got back Josh decided to check our plans for dinner.  I had said our dinner was at 5:45.  Nope 5:15.  That left us like 20mins to get onto the Monorail and to the Polynesian resort for a luau dinner at the Ohana.  We got there just in time.

The food was so so good.
The girls had so much fun doing all the fun stuff.  They did a coconut race and learned a hula dance and song.


Alyse was also brought out a Birthday treat.
(Hair twirl again.)

This was by far the best dinner that we went to.  We had a great time, even if we missed the torch lighting and show that was outside.





After dinner we headed back to Magic Kingdom.  My parents again had an issue.  (My dad left his bag at the luau.  I told them I wasn't sure if we could go on vacation with them anymore with all of their issues.)  We didn't let that hold us back. 

It was about 7pm, on our 2nd time at Magic Kingdom.  I looked at Josh and said, "Well, do you think we should at least walk through Tomorrowland since we haven't stepped foot there yet?"
Off to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin we went.
We actually rode it twice because we all loved it.



Then we were off to the Speedway.  (Breeley and I beat Josh and Alyse.)

Afterwards we moved on to Fantasyland again for Josh and Alyse to ride The Barnstormer.  She had wanted to ride it the first day but we didn't get to it.  As they rode, Breeley and I walked around and looked at a few things and then had a little dance party.  She loved the music everywhere we went.
Grammy and Papa finally caught up to us, so Alyse took them to ride The Barnstormer with her again.  So Josh was put on Breeley duty because I was exhausted after all the dancing.

There was a discussion over if we were going to stay for the parade and fireworks again, but both the girls were pretty tired so we decided to hop on the train and head back to the hotel.

2 little girls feel asleep very quickly.

3 days of fun - 1 to go.

1 comment:

Becca said...

All of these Disney pictures are SO fun! I can't wait to take my kiddos there one day! That must have been really great having family there to enjoy it all with you as well!