Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom (Part 2)



Time for the second part of our day - it was just as exciting and fun.

After her short nap, Breeley woke up and was ready to go.

We decided to head towards the Haunted Mansion.
Alyse was a little nervous but she insisted that she wanted to go.


Again, the line was very entertaining.
(We had watched about the cemetery on Netflix so Alyse was excited to play the music and push in the moving books.)



Once we got inside Alyse started to freak out a little bit.
When they locked us in the room she started to cry but then I screamed with a bunch of other people and she thought that was funny.  Then we had a quick talk about  how it was just like Halloween and I told her to remember it was a bunch of lights like we had seen on the show we had watched on Netfix and she started to relax a little.  By the end she loved it and said it was her favorite ride of the day.

Then we headed onto The Swiss Family Robinson's Tree House.


Then it was time for "Daddy's Ride" - Pirates of the Caribbean.
Little did we know that a pirates life for us was a true statement since we would be stuck on that ride for awhile... Yo ho yo ho!

We started to head back towards our dinner when we stumbled along another parade/street party.


Alyse loved this parade and "shook her tail feather" to celebrate her birthday.


Then it was time to go to dinner at the Crystal Palace to have dinner with Winnie the Pooh and Friends.
This was also the time of our first and only breakdown.


Once we got inside Breeley was still not the happiest but Alyse was excited to meet everyone.



We eventually gave Breeley a pen and let her draw on some paper.  This made her happy.


Plus she loved Piglet.



After dinner we took a picture that I had seen before and had to take myself.
Love it!


We had a little bit of time so we decided to head back to Small World so Breeley could ride her ride.


She liked it.


Then we used a Fast Pass to ride the Peter Pan ride.
(No picture - missed one!)

Afterwards we decided to try and find a spot for the parade and fireworks.

I also handed out some glow sticks that we had brought with us.


Unfortunately the spot that we found wasn't the greatest....
This is the only ok shot that I got of the Electrical Parade.


However we moved ourselves into a great position for Wishes Nighttime Spectacular.

As we waited Josh and I took this shot of ourself.  We talked about how last time we came to Disney World was almost 9 years ago on our honeymoon.


Finally it was time for The Magic, The Memories and You.
It was amazing!
They do a "lights" show where the Castle has incredible projections of Disney themes and then pictures taken by Disney's PhotoPass people.

It was one of my favorite things of the day because it was so beautiful.


Then we had a huge surprise!


I was taking a picture because of the Rapunzle lanterns. 
Josh said, "Did you get that?!"
I said, "The lanterns, yes."
He said, "That was us!  We were on the left.  Maybe you got a shot of it."
I DID!  It must have been the Disney Magic.

During the whole show and the fireworks my girls were speechless.




After the fireworks, you would think our fun was over but we had been given the tip to stay and walk around a little bit and let the crowd die down.  I am so glad that we did that.
It was so much less stress and the park is so quiet and pretty at night.
And we were basically all by ourselves.


Breeley fell asleep right away.


Alyse loved it because she was able to have her own time with us.



She also started to build up her "Pennies".


The last thing we did was take her on the Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride that she had wanted to ride all day.


We then headed back to wait for a bus.  Soon they were both sound asleep.


Somehow Josh and I got the stroller, 3 bags, and 2 sleeping children on and off the bus and back to our room pretty easily.  Then we crashed into bed to get some rest before day 2.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am LOVING these recaps of your trip! I loved going to Disney as a child and can't wait until we can take our girls one day! Looks like y'all had a blast!