Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Surprises

Do you want to see the big birthday surprises?
(I know grandparents do.)

The first surprise was the phone call from Ariel.
Josh set this whole thing up.
I found it online, sent it to Josh and then he figured out that we actually had enough Disney Movie Rewards to make this reservation for free!
(It normally is only $3.)

Alyse loved it!

The BIG surprise was the "We are going to Disney World" reveal.
I will have to go into more detail on all the stuff that is in the bag in another post...
I worked really hard on this reveal because I love those commercials for Disney when they tell kids that they are going to Disney World.  I cry every single time and have waited for the day we could make that big announcement.  This secret project was a huge deal for me.

In this video you can see her open the bag.  Some balloons come out.  On them is written "We are going to Disney World".
You can't really tell, but it didn't go exactly as planned....
She had knocked the bag over so the balloons didn't fly out how I had wanted.  There was also Mickey confetti sitting on top of the balloons that was suppose to fall, but when the bag got knocked over all of it fell to the bottom of the bag.
Not shown is the moment of me starting to get upset about that and the fact that somehow I switched the settings on my camera so the pictures weren't turning out great.  However, I decided that I was just going to enjoy the big moment that I had been working on.  She was still so excited.  The face was exactly what I had been hoping for. 
And yes, I didn't do much talking because I was trying not to cry out of frustration and then mommy happiness.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What awesome surprises! So glad you got them on video!

Becca said...

AGH! I am so happy for those two little girlies! They are going to have a blast!