Because there are 45 days between Alyse's birthday and when we are leaving for Disney World, I knew I wanted to create a countdown to help build the excitement.
I looked on Pinterest and saw this one that I really liked.
(Those are paint cards from Home Depot. I made Josh go steal them for me.)
On the front I wrote numbers 1-45.
I hole punched them and stung some twine through.
One the back are special gifts and things to do each day until we leave.
Here are some of the things planned:
Tote bag (more on this in a second.)
Books, coloring books, a new Disney movie, new shoes, new Disney themed clothes and pjs to wear on the trip, a water bottle, an autograph book, new swimsuit, new towel, sunscreen, snacks...
There are also free things planned (because Josh did put me on a budget.)
Look at maps of parks and plan what rides to go on, watch Youtube videos and shows on parks on Netflix, collect pennies and quarters (51cents) to make the pressed pennies all over Disney, gift certificate for some Mickey/Minnie ears, gift certificate for 1 souvenir to bring home, invitations to "parties" we are going to (we are eating at a number of character meals.)
If the gift is something for the car it is going to go right into some tote bags that I made for the girls. The books, coloring books, movies, snacks... they will all go in the bag and won't be able to be played with until they are in the car on the way to go.
(There will be about 8 things because the trip is about 8hrs.)
The clothes and things for the trip will go right into their suitcases so we will be packing over the next few weeks. (I am hoping this will help me stress less when it is time to pack for myself and Josh and get all the random trip things.)
Here is Alyse opening up her tote bag on the first day.
Alyse loves this idea.
Breeley has gotten a little confused at why I keep taking things away from her after she pulls them out of her princess bag.
(I got 2 big princess gift bags that I put stuff in every night. I didn't really want to wrap almost 90 things.)
Here is our Disney area.
The pictures are pictures that we printed off different websites of our hotel, the 3 parks we are going to, characters we are going to meet, and rides I knew that they would be excited about.
Those were in the bottom of the bag along with both the countdowns I made to help explain where we were going and build the excitement.
This is the 2nd countdown I made.
That is just scrapbook paper, letter stickers, and Mickeys that I punched out using a paper punch.
(I got everything from the scrapbook section at Joanne Fabric.)
Everyday the girls put a sticker on a Mickey.
We also have a countdown on the iPad.
(I downloaded a free app for that and also maps for Alyse to look at. She loves them.)
Only 40 more days to go.

1 comment:
Hi, Stephanie! Your dad told me you all were going to Disney. I know you will have a blast! Love all your ideas! Wanted to see if you have heard of Disney trading pins? We had as much fun trading pins there as anything else. Once you buy the pins, its free to trade as much as they want to with any Disney employee at the parks and at Downtown Disney. Look them up on ebay.
What would you say is each of the girl's favorite Disney character? I have a little surprise I'm going to give to their Grammy for them. -Becky
Post a Comment