Alyse has been looking forward to turning five for a year now.
She seriously started asking when her next birthday was about a month after she turned four. Partly because she loves a birthday party, but also because I made the mistake of telling her that when I turned 5, my parents took my sister and I to Disney World. So for a year now, she has been asking "Am I 5 yet? Are we going to Disney World?"
Well, the answer to both of those questions is now yes.
She is 5 and we are going to Disney World.
But lets talk about the whole birthday celebration.
It started on Wednesday night when Josh and I stayed up to decorate. This is our little tradition. When the girls wake up, the kitchen and family room is decked out in the theme of their choosing. This year Alyse had picked Ariel.
We also put balloons in her room.
When I saw her sound asleep, surrounded by baby dolls and puppies it was so hard for me to think she was turning 5!
She woke us up bright and early and we headed out for her to see her decorations and eat some doughnuts.
Then it was time for her first surprise.
Daddy had made arrangements for Ariel to call and wish her a Happy Birthday.
She was so excited.
*Video will be in another post.
Right after that, we thought that it was a perfect time for the big reveal of her present.
She opened a big bag, some balloons floated out, and then Josh read the surprise message written on them.
"We are going to Disney World"
She was so excited.
*Video to come in another post.
Later in the day, a request for a hot dog and cheese fries was made.
So off to Sonic we went.
(Y'all should see how excited Breeley gets when she sees the servers roll by on their roller skates.)
About a week ago I asked Alyse what she wanted to do for her birthday dinner.
Did she want to go out? Did she want me to make her something special?
She told me that she wanted to have a tea party with Subway sandwiches.
Josh and I had said that we weren't going to throw a party for her but I threw together a party, made some decorations, and we had her tea party with Subway sandwiches.
Our guest were Papa - my Dad, Jordan and Aunt Danielle - my sister, and Aunt Rachel - Josh's sister.
I made the Happy Birthday banner and then bought a bunch of tulle at Hobby Lobby to make a "tent" and some pom poms.
Alyse helped me make her own "Chocolate Ariel cake".
We ended the day with presents and playing.
The birthday girl was very happy and said it was the best birthday ever.
The celebrating continued today.
First I took her and her class some cookie cake.
She also told me that they celebrated her birthday with a special treat - Green eggs and ham. I think that was actually for Dr. Suess Day, but we will just go with it. :)
And yes I did stay up till 1am so I could wash her birthday outfit that she wanted to wear to school.
We then rushed home to have another tea party.
These are our friends from our eGroup/play group. We missed on Thursday because of her birthday. I figured it was a great way to re use the decorations so we invited them over on Friday instead to have some "tea sandwiches".
They all wore princess dresses.






No comments:
Post a Comment