Every year when I take down my Christmas decorations I get the urge to change things around a little bit. My house looks so empty when everything is put away and as much as I love the clean/organized feel I also see it as a blank canvas to do some new decorating.
This year my spot of choice was a wall that had some baby pictures of Alyse on it. I had never gotten around to putting any of Breeley on that wall so I decided to just make over the whole thing. I love a gallery wall, so I went to work picking pictures, getting them printed, and framing them. This week I got Josh to help me hang them all up. He wasn't sure about all those holes in the wall, but I love the final look.
Since I was working on pictures, I thought that I would also try to create some canvas prints of the pictures my friend Angela took for us before Christmas. After I looked up prices of canvas prints, I decided that I would try to make some myself.
I used this tutorial that I found on Pinterest.
It was very easy and much cheaper than the canvases you can order.
(I got packs that had 2 canvas - 11x14, for $7.99. I ordered the pictures off of Snapfish. I think they were $6.99 each.)
*Note - some how I forgot the scrapbook paper on the edges. I tried to add them after the pictures were dry, but they looked odd to me. Very "gappy". I took the paper back off. I think I am going to just paint the whole sides black. (See the tutorial for this to make sense...)
After the canvases were in place I decided to do a full mantle make over.
This has some Valentine's touches to it too, but I got the lanterns at Hobby Lobby. (I paid a little more than planned for, but I couldn't help it. They are so pretty!)
I made the monogrammed picture.
(Frame, material, ribbon, and vinyl cut on my Silhouette.)
That was a super easy project and I really LOVE it.
I also put some canvas prints on a table in my bedroom.
Here is a closer look at them.
Now, onto another project I have planned.....
4 comments:
Love all your craftiness!! I have always wanted a wall like that picture one, but also we are afraid of the holes! The canvases are so cute!! Awesome job, Steph!!
I LOVE IT !! I am going to do some of the canvas stuff when we move into our new apartment. I LOVE the picture wall. So very cute !!
I am so impressed! All the pictures look fantastic! Very inspiring! :-)
Love it! I've been wanting to try the canvas prints but haven't had a chance yet. Love how yours turned out!
Post a Comment