Miss Alyse had her Valentine's party at school on Monday.
I already showed you some of the things that I put together for the party, so here are a few pictures of the big day.
When Alyse came in and saw me there she ran up and gave me a huge hug. She said, "Oh, Mommy! Did you come to get the party started?" It made me laugh.
After everyone ate their food we played a few games of Valentine's Tic Tac Toe
I love that I get to share these moments. It can be a lot of work, but so worth it!
When we got home she opened up all her Valentine's from her friends.
Oh, and the recipes that I made...
Well, I made Red Velvet cake balls.
(I used pink and red candy melts to dip them in.)
I usually make my own icing and cake. Because of time I used boxed/pre made icing.
Sadly they didn't turn out a great as normal. Oh well. The 4yr olds still liked them and Josh is totally willing to eat them too.
I also made the cake mix rice krispie treats recipe that has been floating around Pinterest.
I changed the recipe just a little
4 Tbsp. butter, melted on the stove top
Add and melt 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows with the butter.
Mix in 1/3cup of Valentine's Funfetti cake mix (the dry cake mix, not prepared!)
Once nice and smooth, slowly add in 6 cups crispy rice cereal and mix until fully coated.
Mix in some sprinkles.
Smooth the mixture into a pan (line it with parchment paper or wax paper to help get them out easier!)
Sprinkle with more sprinkles.
Let set for 30mins or so.
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
(Your husband and children will eat all the left over pieces.)
2 comments:
What a wonderful party! And your sweet girl looks so precious! I found the same (or similar) rice krispie cake mix recipe on pinterest but it turned out terribly! Glad you made it work - I'll be jotting down your recipe for future reference! Thanks! :-)
Awesome job, mom!!
Post a Comment