Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Merry Little Christmas

We had a very Merry Christmas.
This was our first year where my parents were not with us.  It was just the 4 of us.  I am sure that next year my parents will be back with us on Christmas morning, but it was nice to be by ourselves.
We really just relaxed most of the day and never got out of our pjs.
There was a lot of present opening, playing, and eating.

We started the morning with reading the Christmas story.

Then it was time to go see what Santa left for 2 little girls.

(I know this picture is blurry! Sadness! It is hard to take pictures and record 2 little girls who are running at the same time! But I had to include it because you can still tell how excited and happy they are.)

Breeley went right for her new puppy.

Then it was time to check out their new Barbie Power Wheel Mustang.
Josh always wanted a Power Wheel when he was a little boy, so he made sure that Santa planned on getting one for his two little girls.  I am sure that a pink Mustang was not what he wanted when he was a little boy, but when you have 2 very girly girls that is what we got.

Then it was time for the stockings and then presents.
This took awhile because we did a lot of playing in between but it was so much fun to watch the two of them.




Alyse was very very excited about her new Disney Princess castle. 
(Mommy knew that this is what she really really wanted.)


Josh and I did have a few presents.  Josh surprised me with a new iPad, which I LOVE!  And my parents got me a new Silhouette.  Yay! 

After we ate breakfast it was time to try out the new car.



After some more playing and relaxing, Grammy and Papa showed up with their presents.  Alyse is very excited about her and her sister's new bikes.



Josh's family came over after that for more presents. 
(I don't know why I didn't take one picture.)

It was a very fun day.  We had a great day celebrating.
I have to say it was one of my most favorite Christmases ever!

No comments: