Friday, October 21, 2011

Candy Corn Sugar Cookies

While clicking around on Pinterest I found some "Candy Corn" sugar cookies that I decided that I wanted to try.
Here is the link that was on Pinterest - it includes a sugar cookie recipe.
However, I had 2 of the bags of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix in my pantry so I decided to use them.

I made the sugar cookie mix and divided it into 3 equal parts.
Then I used food coloring gel to dye 1 part yellow and 1 part orange.

Then I put parchment paper in a regular sized loaf pan.
Layer the dough - white, orange, yellow

Put in fridge over night

The next morning, pull the dough out of the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
Use a large knife to cut a "slice" of dough and then cut into small triangles.

Place 16 cookies on your cookie sheet.
(Parchment paper helps your cookies not to burn or get to "crunchy".)

Bake at 375 for 7-10 mins.
(Mine took right at 7.  You don't want golden.  With sugar cookies that means they will be too well done.)

Once done, sprinkle sugar on when right out of the oven and hot.

These are kinda small so they are kinda addicting/easy to grab.
So, Alyse is taking a bunch of them to share with her classmates at school today.


1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

I love these! I'm totally going to make them next week!

You always have the cutest recipes! Also, your fall dresses were adorable. You should open an etsy shop. I totally want a candy corn dress and matching bow for Debby for next year. I can be your first order. :)