Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Going on a treasure hunt

*This was suppose to auto post last week, but it didn't.

Our last day at the beach it was cold and rainy.  I packed a lot of things for the beach but I did not pack any sweats or warmer clothes for the girls to wear.  Josh and I decided that we would run to the Wings store down the road to get some sweat shirts for the girls.  While we were there Josh saw these "pirate coins" and thought that it would be fun to get some for the girls.  He had the idea to go put them out on the beach and let Alyse find them.  He bought 2 (one for each girl) and when we got home he told Alyse this whole store about how he heard there was some pirate treasure on the beach that had washed up during the storm the night before.  Alyse got really excited so we put them in their new sweat shirts and went on a treasure hunt.





Josh didn't plan for Alyse to decide that there had to be more treasure out there on the beach!  He soon found himself sneaking out to the store to buy some more coins to go hide on the beach. 


I think it might have been one of my favorite beach memories watching them search the beach for their pirate treasure.  And I think it may be a new tradition that Josh created for his girls.

No comments: