Maybe you have seen the TV show on TLC - DC Cupcakes.
Well, while we were in DC we decided to head over to Georgetown to go get us some cupcakes.
We waited in a rather long line.
(For about half an hour, maybe a little longer, but it didn't seem like a forever long wait.)
We got inside and all the cupcakes were so pretty!
We picked out 6 and decided to do a taste testing later.
Oh, and we also happened to spot their original shop.
Then when we were walking down the street we saw Sprinkles Cupcakes.
I have heard about Sprinkles too (honestly - mainly from my US Weekly and reality TV). They are based out of Beverly Hills and also are somewhat featured on a show - Cupcake Wars.
So we decided to go into Sprinkles too and got 6 more cupcakes for our taste testing.
So, it was time for our own Cupcake War!
Here are our findings
Georgetown Cupcakes:
SO flavorful! I loved the mint oreo one on the top left. It was my favorite! The Chocolate Gnash (the dark chocolate with the blue flower) was so rich. And we liked the Cherry Blossom one (the white frosting with the pink flower)! The icing didn't hold up as great on the walk/metro trip home (evidence-the chocolate cupcake with white icing in the middle on the top row.) However I think I would maybe declare them the winner... They tasted so good and were so moist. (I didn't try the coconut - bottom right corner.)
The experience was also kinda a bonus... And they were less expensive. And I think they were prettier.
Sprinkles:
The girls in the shop were very informative. Their cupcakes were also bigger and held up better. I kinda think they dried out a little faster... The red velvet (the 2 cupcakes on the left with the white icing, red/blue circles) was great! Loved that one. I also ate the chocolate with white icing (with the chocolate sprinkles). I picked that one on purpose so I could do an tasting of the same kind from both places. It was really good. I also had the cinnamon one (middle, top row). It tasted like a muffin... I didn't eat the 2 chocolate ones. (The bottom is chocolate marshmallow. The top is chocolate banana.)
It was so much fun to go to both these places and taste test them! I have never seen myself as a big cupcake girl, but they were so yummy and I loved the whole cupcake shop feel!
I have to say I was a fan of both places.

4 comments:
This makes me want a cupcake so badly! I am going to have to make some today I think!
Yummm love cupcakes!
Laura
http://livingourfullpotential.blogspot.com/
I LOVE SPRINKLES !! We had one in Dallas and I love, love, love their cupcakes. The pumpkin with cinnamon cream cheese icing is to die for !! It is definitely my favorite. I also love the strawberry cupcake. So delicious !! I like the cinnamon sugar one too, but it is more like a muffin. I am going home in a week and a half and I am for sure going to get some cupcakes. :)
I love to watch DC Cupcakes and I am DYING for a cupcake after reading and seeing this! YUM!!!! So fun that you got to go to both places!~!!! I'm officially jealous!
Post a Comment