Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break Trip: DC

I love DC. 
I love history and, in a way, visiting DC is like visiting my own history because I lived my elementary years (until 5th Grade) in the DC area.  I was hoping to see some of my friends when I was there, but it didn't work out.  However, my sisters 'n law and I had a great time!

Rachel (Josh's younger sister, she lives here in the Charlotte area) and I left go to spend the weekend with Maria (Josh's older sister who lives in VA and works in DC.)

We did a bunch of touristy stuff.
Day One we went to the Natural History Museum

And my favorite the American History Museum

We also walked around (on a very cold and rainy day) and saw the pretty cherry blossoms.

The next day we headed to Mount Vernon.  We spent the day walking the grounds and ate lunch there.  I had a taste of their "Famous Peanut Soup".... it basically tasted like a huge bowl of peanut butter.  (I hate peanut better, so I thought it was nasty, but that's just me.)

I got this coloring book for Alyse.  I had to buy it for her because I remember buying that exact same one when I was a little girl.  I still have it.

We went out for a nice dinner and then the next day went shopping in Old Town Alexandria.

The days were really busy.  There is so much more that I haven't even mentioned!  We did a lot of walking, shopping, laughing, eating, talking... It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Cara S. said...

we go every year and love it! We usually go during the cherry blossom festival when they fly all the huge kites but this year it was still a little too cold (I think it was this past weekend). But we are going next week and can't wait.