Monday, February 14, 2011

This Is How We Change The World


If you know Josh and I at all, you know that we love our church. 
Besides our relationship with God, each other, and our children - our church is one of the most important things to us.  We are completely committed to it and to our pastor - Pastor Steven Furtick.

Josh and I are so blessed that we have been a part of Elevation since (almost) the very beginning.
We started going to the church in October of 2005.

At that time I was teaching at a local Christian school.  There was a new teacher that year whose name was Amy.  She had told me that her and her family, along with some other couples had moved to Charlotte to start a church.  She invited me to come and I told her that I would.  Then I went to her birthday party.  It was at the Olive Garden.  That night I picked a chair right across from a young couple with a brand new baby - Pastor, Holly, and a very little Elijah.  We talked all night long and I fell in love with them.  At the end of the night Pastor told me that I was going to start coming to their church.  The next weekend, I went to the Matthews Community Center and there was no turning back.

That is my story - but if you want to watch the story of Elevation Church you need to watch this documentary.  It is an amazing story.  And let me tell you, being able to see it and experience it has been unbelievable!

I urge you, if you know us and don't go to Elevation and have ever wondered why we love our church so much - please, please watch it!

If you are on a church staff, volunteer at a church, or even just want to hear a story of God's faithfulness - watch it!

It will only be online for 1week, so do not miss it!

*Oh, and yes, I am in it.  At least my voice is.  You don't see me, but I am honored to be a small part.  And if you don't recognize my voice, that's ok.  My own husband missed it the first time. 

1 comment:

Rick Hudgens said...

Steph. Tears rolled down my face as I watched the unfolding of the Evelation Story to this point. It must betromede amazing to be part of a spiritual awakening to your generation.