Tuesday, February 15, 2011

365.6

Project 365
Week 6

Monday, Feb 7th -
Miss Breeley turned 9 months old.
Here she is all happy at her check up

Tuesday, Feb 8th -
Alyse hard at work making her Valentine's for friends.  She picked out Olivia ones at the store and then we fancied them up a little. 
(I told her I was going to take to church on Sunday for her... I forgot, but let's just keep that to ourselves.)

Wednesday, Feb 9th
UNC vs Duke basketball game
We had to show our "T Heel" support!


Thursday, Feb 10th
All last week Josh and I were on a fast.  We started on Sunday and were able to eat on Friday night.
It was for the 5:11 Favor Fast that we did at church.
It was to celebrate 5 yrs as a church.
The 11 represented the year 2011.
It also was based on Luke 5:11.  The disciples had just thrown their nets into the water and were overcome with fish because they obeyed God.  Instead of basking in their glory, they gave up everything and followed Jesus.  That is what we want to do as a church.  We have had wonderful things happen in the past 5 years, but really it is about giving our all and following Christ.
So for 5 days we did not eat.  Our Pastor and many others did not eat for 11 days.
Josh and I chose to also do a spending fast.
11 days of no spending.
5 days of no eating.
We were able to drink some juice if we needed it.


Friday, Feb 11th
The world premier of our church's documentary
This was a red carpet event, which included a step and repeat, lights, and people taking pictures on the red carpet.  I was not able to go and get my picture taken... I got there a little early and by the time I walked outside there was a FOREVER long line so I just stayed inside.  (Kinda sad about that...) but Josh was able to have his picture taken.

That is Josh, our friend Buck, our Pastor, and another friend Jamil.
Josh is on Pastor's team so they had Sean take a picture of them. 

After the premier we went to a little after party.  It was a great night and we had fun celebrating!

Saturday, Feb 12th
Alyse and Breeley spent the weekend at their Grammy and Papa's.
On Saturday they went to the circus.
Here they are in the box seats that their friend Mrs. Joanie won at a work lottery.

(picture taken by my dad.)

Sunday, Feb 13th
Happy Birthday to Papa!
After a full morning at church, Josh and I headed to go meet my parents to pick up our girls and to celebrate my dad's birthday.


It was a very full week, but a great one!

1 comment:

Lyryn said...

You are so good with this. I wanted to do the one that was only once a week, but I have failed at that! Love the pictures!