February - Alyse got a brand new big girl bed/bedroom. We also welcomed Miss Sarah Mei (my friend, Joy's adopted daughter from China) into our "family". Sadly we had to put our family dog, Zeke, to sleep. Alyse started dance classes for the 1st time. We were invited to celebrate a few special birthdays and of course Valentine's Day.
March - Things started off with Miss Alyse turning 3! Our washing machine broke and we had a "great flood" in our house. Our hot water heater also broke. We also had a fire on our stove top. (This was a very expensive month.)
April - Easter! This was a huge Easter for our church. We celebrated at Time Warner Arena and it was fabulous. My sister had a baby boy - Jordan. My wonderful friends threw me a lovely baby shower.
May - Miss Breeley May was born - after I went into labor at a friend's birthday party. We were in major baby mode, but did get out of the house to see Josh get an award and also go to Alyse's 1st dance recital.
June - Josh decided that we would take a quick trip to the beach. Alyse went to "Bible School" (VBS) and my Grandpa came to visit. Josh and Alyse went to the pool as much as they could - Breeley and I sometimes joined them.
July - Of course we celebrated the 4th of July. And really... that's about it. We just relaxed and enjoyed summer.
August - Josh and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary with a quick trip to the beach. Ellie (our puppy) joined our family. Josh surprised me with a new car.
September - Our annual beach trip! Alyse started back to dance. We also started "home schooling". An obsession with Olivia began. This was also a huge month for our church which kept us very busy.
October - Fall was in full swing with a trip to the mountains and also the pumpkin patch. Miss Breeley was dedicated. We went to the NC State Fair for the 1st time. Then of course we carved some pumpkins and dressed up for Halloween.
November - Someone I know...me...had a birthday, leaving behind my 20s. Elevation opened a new campus. Our master bathroom fell apart.... We celebrated Thanksgiving and started to get ready for Christmas.
December - Christmas, Christmas, and more Christmas!!!!
All in all I think that 2010 was a success.
Of course the best thing that happened was that Breeley joined our family.
There are a few not so great things that happened this year. Some of them I blogged about, some of them I didn't.....
It wasn't a perfect year, but when I look back at 2010 it is obvious that God did great things for us.
I'm excited about 2011 and I can't wait to see what God has planned for us....
2 comments:
Happy New Year!!! So glad sweet Miss Breeley joined us this last year! Also thankful to have you as a blog friend!
What a great year! I hope 2011 is just as fruitful!
Post a Comment