But, well, there isn't much excitement.
New Years Eve recap - not much to share.
I didn't wear anything cute or go to any fabulous party. I was in my jammies all by myself. Josh and I talked about it and I think we have only kissed 1 or 2 times in the last 10 years at midnight on NYE.
New Years Day recap - again, home in my jammies. We didn't get dressed or leave the house. Well, Josh did. He left to pick up some food but then it was right back to laying on the couch.
New Years resolutions -
Here's the thing... I have the same resolutions like every year. Basically it is just to change things that I am insecure about/don't like about myself. (Which really isn't that what every one's resolutions kinda are?)
Anyway - weight, money, spend more time with God, be a better mommy, be a better friend, be a better wife, be a better... me. Yes, I am going to be working on all of those (some more) and I do have plans of actions (especially with that whole weight issue.) But my main resolution is just to try to be happy with myself. I really have a great life and I think that sometimes I take it all for granted. So this year I am going to live my life the best I can. I am not going to let myself talk myself into feeling sad, upset, insecure, worried, stressed..... Well, in reality I know that I will feel all those things, but I am going to try to look on the bright side and just be happy with who I am and the life that I have.
And well, I thought about and tried to do the Project 365 thing where you take a picture a day. But the thing is, I have this 3yr old who is in a phase that she hates having her picture made. When you ask her to smile she says "No, thank you." and runs away. I don't know if I want to put myself through that drama and frustration every day for a year!
1 comment:
I love the 365 picture thing. One blog I read does everyday things. She catches her kids when they aren't looking, or does something fun or beautiful around her house. You could try that. I love seeing glimpses into people's lives. Or pictures of kids running away from the camera. :)
Post a Comment