Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Carolina Christmas

Josh planned a specially Christmasy outing for us last week.  We headed down the road to Lowe's Motor Speedway's Carolina Christmas.  For those of you who don't know, LMS is Charlotte's NASCAR race track.  Josh's and I have never been there (we aren't racing fans...) so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually really fun.

You drive your car around the track and through "pit row".  There are a bunch of lighting displays.  There is also a Winterland Village that is in the garages.  There is food, shopping, tree displays, you can visit with Santa and build in his workshop, ice skating, etc.  Outside there are rides (which we avoided because it was so cold outside!) and Bethlehem Village with a live nativity.

It was freezing outside, but I was so glad that we went.  Alyse loved the lights (and riding in the car without sitting in her carseat)!  Josh was pretty excited to drive on the track.  Of course he went up to the very top of the turn so our car felt like it was sideways.  I wasn't so excited about that, and I totally hit my head on the window because I was pushing myself up so I wouldn't slide out of my seat. 

Here are a few pictures of our family fun:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Lowes Motor Speedway but then I am a racing fan. I've never been to the Christmas thing though. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Natalie said...

What a fantastic family outing!