(Hello! I first got pregnant in May!)
But the other part of me feels like this pregnancy is flying by!
This pregnancy has been very different for me.
*How do I feel - I've told you before that I have been pretty sick. When I was pregnant with Alyse, I was fine. But this one has been pretty hard. However, I am feeling much, much better lately! (Praise God!)
*Gosh I am tired! I am guessing that entertaining a 2yr old doesn't help the situation. You don't know how many times I have called Josh saying that I am going to lay down and just let her watch Max and Ruby. (I'm very lucky that she is actually a very good "independent player" and entertains herself very well! I really don't have to be with her every second.)
* I've always been a little of an emotional person, but well... I am now a major cry baby.
*Movement - This baby is a mover! She is all over the place. Josh has already felt her moving a number of times and I think that one day I am going to try to see if Alyse can feel her. Right now she always laughs when I show her my belly and then tickles me because that is what I do to her when she shows me her belly. :)
*I've had a lot of pressure and even some pain. I was told that this is common, but even more common with women who have had a c-section. It really hasn't worried me, even though there have been a few days that I have had to lay down the pain is so bad. My doctor told me she is not worried about it, she just thinks it is a reminder from my body that I need to not over do it.
*Weight....yep, I've gained a lot of it. (That's all I'm telling you.)
* Food - I like it. A lot. Qdoba is still my favorite (well, really Mexican food, but Qdoba is my go to place.) I do still like some french fries here and there. Milkshakes are also a craving. The one thing that is kinda odd is I am always thirsty.
* Maternity clothes - hmm... I have had a hard time with clothes. My clothes that I have from last time aren't working all that great for me. I feel like I am bigger this time around than I was with Alyse. I also had "teachery" clothes that I don't really have a need for anymore. As long as it stays cold I'm ok. However, there have been a few days that it was in the 60s and I feel like I have nothing to wear! I like to cover the belly up with sweaters and lots of layers. My other problem is... well it is hard to really like maternity clothes. I would rather stay in sweats all day and not put on uncomfortable maternity jeans. Plus, I guess that I am just going to have to stop obsessing and know that I am always going to look pregnant no matter what I wear. :)
*Sleeping - even though I am exhausted I have had a hard time sleeping. Some nights are great. Other nights I am up all the time. Part of it is I am uncomfortable. Part of it is my head is always going. I also have crazy dreams! I mean CRAZY dreams.
* Planning - I have started the process of thinking about doing Alyse's room and Breeley's nursery. Once the rooms are done I am going to have to go through all of Alyse's old clothes and baby stuff. I also need to make a list of things I need (and want) to buy. I think once I stop it is going to be hard for me to stop....
* I will have to write a post about it, but last week I had the 2nd child freak out. It was a rough day! I'm excited to have another baby girl, but I have had a lot of moments where I think, "What am I going to do?!" and "What was I thinking?!"
* I have to tell you about some of the "pregnancy mind" moments that I have had!
~ One night I had to charge my cell phone. I plugged it in and when to bed. The next morning I noticed that it was still dead. I guess it helps to make sure that the charger is not only plugged into the phone, but that it is also plugged into the wall....
~ Another day I was out and about and I heard this lady call her daughter (whose name was Lyla.) I was thinking in my head that I liked that name (this was during the whole name search process.) For some reason I started calling Alyse "Lyla". I did it multiple times. Alyse (and the lady) just looked at me like I was a crazy person.
~ I need a mani/pedi! At one point I started to take the nail polish off of my toes, but it was a little uncomfortable. I decided that I was going to do it later and have Josh help me finish. I kinda forgot about it. So this past week when the weather was warmer...I was still walking around in Ugg boots because I had half of my toes with (chipped) polish and the others naked. So beautiful. ***WILL BE FIXING THIS***
~ We were at home for the day and I was working on laundry, the dishes, and cleaning the house. I went to switch loads of laundry and on the way to the laundry room I picked up one of Alyse's sippy cups. In my mind I was thinking "This is dirty. I need to put it in the dishwasher." Instead, I walked right into the laundry room, took the top off the empty sippy cup, and threw it right into the washing machine that was filling up with hot water for the whites I had put in there.
There are a few other "pregnant moments" that I have had, but I will stop and we can all pretend that I really am a "normal" person.
PS: I know, I know, I should have posted a belly picture. Didn't get to it this weekend. Tired to take one myself. Didn't work out too great. If I get a good one I will add it on for y'all later.
4 comments:
Stephanie,
I was definitely bigger with my 2nd. I swear, the moment I saw a + sign on the test, I needed maternity clothes. Didn't need them at all with my 1st child!
I love pregnancy brain stories!
As for the 2nd child freak, I'm sure you been told this before, but it's natural to freak. I know I did! You sound like a wonderful mom.. this baby is blessed to have you.
Many blessings,
Allison
awwww. I was bigger with my first then my second daughter but with my second i was SO sick i lost 13 lbs the first trimester and spent the rest of my pregnancy trying to gain that plus some back. I ended up only gaining 4 of the original 13 back though.
Now with my son as soon as I hit 10 weeks i was popped out like i was 6 months along and i rapidly gained from there. 60lbs later and looking like i had triplets in there I birthed a HUGE baby {well huge for me 9.6lbs}
Major Pregnant Brain here too. But it was soo worth it. I actually miss that i will never be able to experience being pregnant again!
Oh dear sister, I can sooo relate!!
I have about a month left in my pregnancy (well hopefully less).
I was green and sick as could be for 4.5 months. This time I'm super cute with my little belly but arguably I think I'd take the food binging over being as sick as I was. This one landed me in the hospital b/c I was not able to even keep water down. [so much for boys not making you as sick]
I was soo excited the first time around that I didn't get any stretch marks with my daughter (maybe that's TMI) but all bets are off now with this guy. I'm carrying him like a watermelon with the end sticking outward. It's funny to see the looks I get when I turn around, lol.
I no longer look @ the scale or ask about the weight I've gained. Instead I watch biggest looser and eat ice cream. With that said I'm with great hope he won't be a HUGE baby when all is said and done.
Chasing around a 2 yr old is very exhausting. Don't feel bad about TV or video time. At this point my daughter avgs about 2-4 hours of screen time a day just so I can waddle around doing the things I need to do. I don't like her watching that much TV but let's face it. I can't throw myself down on the floor to play and jump right back up these days. Poor girl must hear me say,'mommy will be right back - I'm going potty AGAIN', thousands of times a day. I'm hoping that will trigger some potty training desires in her - lol.
As for sleep - hang in there. I have horrible cramps in my hips and yes the dreams are quite a trip to say the least. I try to take a nap whenever able.
In the end we will have bragging rights to another baby - and the gift will be oh so grand.
When all is said and done it will be worth it. Tricky how God allows us to forget those prego annoyances and all the pain & suffering. Prob a blessing too b/c I don't think I'd ever do it again if I could remember ha ha. Well here I am again, expecting baby #2 just like you. Isn't life grand!!
Left you an award on my blog!!!! =)
Have a super blessed day!
In HIM -
Mindy
Post a Comment