I have known Joy all of my life. She was at the hospital the day I was born and is just like a sister to me. I remember, when I was a little girl, Joy telling me that she was some day going to have a real life China doll.
Well, almost 4 years ago, the papers were filed for Joy and her husband Doug to adopt a baby girl from the Republic of China. Since then, we have all waited and prayed for this baby girl that would become part of our "family".
Wednesday night, after a VERY LONG wait, the stork delivered her precious picture via email. Let me introduce you all to Miss Sarah Mei (which means "beautiful princess"). And she is beautiful!!!!!

When Joy texted me Wednesday morning and said that she thought that it was "Sarah Mei Day", I was so excited.
Then I got my phone call with all the stats.
She was born March 2009.
She is 14lbs, 24inches.
Right now she is waiting for them in Jiangxi, China.
I was also told her Chinese name but...well, I can't really type it out.
Soon my garage was opening and I was shown her precious picture. I, of course, teared up and said, "She's real!".
Joy, Doug, Mac, Jacob, and Emma Grace ~ Josh, Alyse, Baby, and I love you all very much! We are so happy for you! I personally can not wait to meet Miss Sarah Mei in person and love on her! I know that the wait has been hard and long. I am so proud of you for your faith and your patience. And it is obvious from that precious picture that God is going to bless you for it!
Joy and Doug will be traveling in about 6 weeks to China to finally bring Sarah Mei home. You can follow their story here.
(You can also follow our friend Dana and her husbands Jeff's journey to get their Chinese daughter here. Joy and Dana are in the same travel group so they have become very close friends over this long process.)
2 comments:
How awesome! What great friends you have!
Thanks, Steph! We love you too!
Post a Comment