Maybe it isn't that small of an addiction....
I really tried to edit down my decorations this year. Our house isn't that big and I think there is a fine line between "festive" and "tacky" so I worked hard at not putting everything out this year. I also didn't take pictures of everything.... I think that might a little much.
Here is a little tour of our home:
(Some of these trees you may have seen before. Sorry about the repeats.)
Welcome -
Right beside the door are these vases filled with ornaments. I love these.
Dinning room - These are all a gift theme
I just added this the other night. My friend Holly made it for me. The red and gold fit perfectly in this room. Plus it was a gift, so I thought it had to go in the gift room.
Family room - Everything is a pretty Christmas red and green. Most things are polka dots.
The presents are the left of this picture are new. Alyse and I both love them! You can also see our stockings. (Remember that story?)
This is Alyse's favorite - Her Fisher Price Little People Nativity! (Also known as her "animals".)



This house is an advent countdown. Each day she opens one of the doors to hear a different Christmas carol and to find a little treat. In front is her Elf on the Shelf. (BTW-If you have not read this post, you have to. It cracked me up!)
This house is an advent countdown. Each day she opens one of the doors to hear a different Christmas carol and to find a little treat. In front is her Elf on the Shelf. (BTW-If you have not read this post, you have to. It cracked me up!)
View from the kitchen
Kitchen - My kitchen is kinda a collection of things. It has a few Nativities and other fun decorations in it.
This Nativity is from Jerusalem. Josh's sister, Maria, brought it home for me.


I bought this tree at the Christmas Show a few years ago. My parents have one just like it. I wanted to have one just like they them.





Guest bath room-

Guest bedroom-

Alyse's room with her tree and Baby's First Christmas stocking from '07. Also underneath is a collection of singing snowmen from Hallmark from the past 5yrs or so.

Alyse's "socks" on her bed.
Master bedroom "aka- Mommy's room" - everything is black and silver.


I bought this tree at the Christmas Show a few years ago. My parents have one just like it. I wanted to have one just like they them.
Guest bath room-

Guest bedroom-
Alyse's room with her tree and Baby's First Christmas stocking from '07. Also underneath is a collection of singing snowmen from Hallmark from the past 5yrs or so.
Alyse's "socks" on her bed.
Master bedroom "aka- Mommy's room" - everything is black and silver.
There are so many more little things that I could show you....
But I will stop for now.
Oh, the partridge in the pear tree is not pictured. It is on the 12 Days of Christmas tree that is right inside our family room. (All the tree pictures are here if you haven't seen them yet.)

4 comments:
Wow! You have such cool decorations! Thanks for sharing all of those pics with us!
Wowie! Delightfully Christmas and not in the least bit tacky! :D
Though I have to tell ya, it makes my one lone Christmas box that was pulled down from the attic yesterday seem so pitiful and puny! :D But it's a really big box.
My dad collects nativity scenes from all over the world. My mom just got him a really beautiful glass display case for them. It's been really cool to finally see them all out.
I got the biggest kick out of the elf link I read it aloud to my husband! He thinks the elf is creepy and worried it would give our 3 year old nightmares, but I love the idea!
As for the stockings, way to look at the silver lining behind it all and I just love the different themes in each room. I would have a blast in your home!
Do you play Christmas music and watch Christmas movies all during the season as well? I've had to limit Polar Express once my son started quoting along with it...that's too much (but cute!).
Girl you are rocking the Christmas decorations!!! WOW!
We also open up a gift on Christmas Eve and it is Always PJ's too!!! ;)
Post a Comment