Thursday, December 3, 2009

O Christmas Tree(s)

Since we have a number of Christmas trees, I decided to do a whole post dedicated to just them. I will share some of the other decorations in another post. I think 10 trees for you to look at is enough for today. (Yes, I said 10.)

Our main Christmas tree is in our family room. This is my favorite tree and the one that we put all of our presents under. Almost all the ornaments are polka dots, but there are a few striped ones and Santa ones just for accent. There is also polka dot ribbon tied onto the branches.


This is a small live tree. It is also in the family room. It matches the big tree.

This tree is in the family room, right by the entry way. There are 12 ornaments on it. They are 12 Days of Christmas ornaments.

Here is our big live tree that is in the dining room. It is right by the front door so when people walk in the evergreen scent greets them at the door. This is all a gift theme tree.

Our "family tree" is in our kitchen. I've had this actual tree since college, because my roommate Erica and I had to squeeze a tree into our dorm room. (Ha!) This tree has Josh and my collection of ornaments from our honeymoon, our trip to the Bahamas last year, Elevation ornaments, UNC ornaments, Police ornaments, IWU Basketball ornaments (the team Josh played for in college), Baby's first Christmas ornaments... and a few others that we have collected. This is the only tree that we have with mulit colored lights on it.I almost didn't count this next tree because it is small, but I really like it. It is a 2ft tree that is also in our kitchen. It is a nativity tree.

This tree is kinda sad looking in this picture... It is in our guest room. I call it "rustic". There are gold swirls (that you can't see very well in the picture) sticking out and red beads and berries on it. The ribbon is gold and says "Merry Christmas" on it. (All of that is really hard to see in the picture.)
Alyse's tree is all pink and purple. The lights are pink and purple which make it really cute all lit up. There are snowflakes and bow ornaments and pretty beads for a garland.


This (sad looking in this picture) tree is in our master bathroom. The tree was Josh's when he was a little boy. Our whole bedroom use to be blue and white so this blue and silver tree use to match our bedroom. (It really does look better in real life... I think it got a little beat up by the dog's tail, us walking in and out of that closet door, and a two year old.)
The tree that is in our master bedroom is our newest tree. (Well, the tree isn't new, but the ornaments are.) Since last Christmas we re-did our bedroom. It is now black, white, and grey. So I got some new black and silver ornaments. I really like how it turned out! My two favorite ornaments are the long silver ones (you can sorta see those in the picture) and I also like the black ones with silver swirls on them.

* I just realized that I forgot the small (3ft) fiber optic tree that is in our laundry room. I don't have a picture of it. It doesn't always work great. Sometimes it looks really pretty and other times only a few branches lite up. Oh well... I guess there are really 11 trees.

I have at least 3 more "tree theme" ideas, but Josh says that is it for now.
Plus, I think I will need a bigger house. Not sure where else I could put another tree right now.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

WOW! 11 Trees.
I always do 2 -- one in the playroom for the kids and a real one in the living room.....I'd love to do a 3rd skinny tree in my kitchen but I'm not sure I will have the time!
That is amazing!
in HIM -
Mindy

Chelsea said...

Wow, that's a lot of trees in one house. You rival the Biltmore...lol! I commend you for all of the decorating (and eventually undecorating) you do each year. What a wonderful memory for Alyse!

Natalie said...

Those are incredible!!! I love all the different themes and the fact that there's a tree everywhere you look. It makes me feel all cozy inside!

Joanie Richards said...

My favorite tree is the one in your master bedroom. It's so beautiful.

mrsofficer said...

love LOVE LOVE IT! I wish I had room for ten trees lol Im an xmas fanatic aswell, almost done with mine just gotta put the topper on. Hope you swing by to see it!should be up tomm

Unknown said...

I love that you have 10 trees...I wish I had your motivation!

Brandie said...

You hold the record for the most trees I've seen today. Way to go, lady! Enjoy your holiday!

Summer said...

Wow that's alot of trees and alot of work! Ha! Ha! I love the big main tree.... very cute....
Summer :0)

Meg said...

Now you know how to get into the Holiday Spirit! Fun trees!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You are serious about those trees! Awesome job!! Next year you will have a new tree for the baby!