Oh my goodness, this weekend (and today) flew by!
(I was going to say like a turkey, but I guess turkeys don't really fly, do they?)
I worked so hard to try to finish our (inside) Christmas decorations, but I still am not done! I have been interrupted by many fun events though - a baby shower for my friend Nicole and little Miss Georgia, a dessert date with Josh, seeing New Moon with some friends, church on both Saturday night and Sunday morning, and going to get Alyse from her Grammy and Papa. Plus Josh was asked to go to Atlanta to a conference, so my helper elf left me to do most of it by myself.
Alyse loves what is done so far. She loves the trees and her "animals" - also known as the Little People Nativity. She keeps telling me it is "so pretty".
I will put up some pictures soon. For now you have to wait for it.
However, I am trying not to not forget about Thanksgiving!
Alyse and I have been working on some turkey crafts to celebrate.
She loves working on projects!
Here is a look at our finished projects:
(we made ours out of foam not construction paper)
(I don't have a picture of this one yet... We still aren't completely done with it.)
I have also been singing her a turkey song that I use to sing with the kids I taught. Here is how it goes. (Well, kinda. Guess you can't hear the tune, but you can make up your own tune.)
He's big and fat and
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!
He spreads his wings and
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!
But when Thanksgiving Day is here
then it's our turn to
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!
5 comments:
My sweet Stephanie, I seem to remember singing this with you and your sister when you were Alyse's age. It's a sweet tradition.
Love Mom
Those are so cute! I especially love the finger stamped one. Looking forward to the pictures to come.
You've been one busy lady! I too went to New Moon with my gals, but we were too impatient for a rational time so we got tickets for the midnight showing. It's taken me days to recover! It was totally worth it though and am trying to convince the hubs to go to it with me on a date (I think he'd like it!)
I love your Thanksgiving crafts and can't wait to see the Christmas splendor!
I love the turkey made of hands...that is adorable!!!
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!
So cute! I can't wait to do crafty things with Molly. The teacher in me was coming out looking at your pics! I did a bunch of fingerprint ink projects with my kids! So cute! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment