(I've seen this on a few blogs, but I am going to give credit to a police wife's fuzz food because that is the first place that I saw it.)
Blessings Mix
2 cups Bugles
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup nuts or seeds (I used pecans)
1 cup dried fruit (I used craisins)
1 cup candy corn
1 cup M&Ms (I of course used peanut M&Ms)
Hershey's Kisses
In a large bowl, gently mix together all ingredients except for Hershey's Kisses.
Once thoroughly combined, put 1 cup into cellophane bag.
Put a couple of kisses on top.
Print out tag with Blessings Mix poem (You can print it off here) and tie on with a pretty bow
BLESSINGS MIX
Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
Candy Corn: The sacrifices of the Pilgrims' first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
Nuts or Seeds: Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
Dried Fruits: Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
Hershey's kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
Many Thanksgiving blessings to all of you!
2 comments:
I love this! Such a great idea.
Thank you so much for your comment and prayers! I actually sent Heather *the mother* the link to your friend's story. I am sure if she finds some time to actually read it that she will definitely appreciate it!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment