The other night on the hour and a half ride home from our birthday dinner, Alyse was getting a little fussy in the car. I didn't have much to entertain her. We sang along with music for about 40 minutes, but she was starting to get restless. I had forgot to bring the DVD player for her to watch a movie and I couldn't read books to her cause it was dark outside.
So, I did what your mom or dad might have done when you were growing up.
I pulled out my Blackberry and went to the TV option so she could watch some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And she was very happy.

How did we survive car rides when we were little?!
5 comments:
Back in the "olden days" (but right after horse and buggies) we sucked it up because we had to. :) Lots of time for imagining things, falling asleep in the car (yes, it was easier because we laid across the flat piece under the back window!!!!) and did I mention imagining things?
Good thinking!
My kids get no technology in the car...lol they get books and a few toys, The thought crossed my mind to get a portable DVD for the car but then they would want to use it for short trips to the store etc. NO way. Plus we dont go on long enough trips very often.
PS I gave you the Honest Scap award :)
My kids get no technology in the car...lol they get books and a few toys, The thought crossed my mind to get a portable DVD for the car but then they would want to use it for short trips to the store etc. NO way. Plus we dont go on long enough trips very often.
PS I gave you the Honest Scap award :)
My sister and I passed the time by fighting. It was fun for all. Or we slept. :D
My ipod touch comes in handy every now and then. I'm just too cheap to purchase shows to load onto it. He's stuck with games.
I think you mean how did our PARENTS handle car rides without all the technology we now have!
Many trips that we made to visit my grandparents 13 hours away were done in the middle of the night so we slept most of the time. There's a haze over the awake times... ;)
Post a Comment