Things started off Friday with the building being dedicated by staff and volunteers with 24 hours of prayer. (I was not able to go to the actual building, but I was praying here at home.)
Saturday was the first official service at 6pm. It was my first time being in the building and I was so excited to see the miracle that God has worked by giving us that warehouse.
I will try to make this story short but about a year and a half ago there was a big volunteer meeting. On that night Pastor was suppose to announce to us that we were going to have our first permanent location located in a warehouse right off of 485 on 74. (A very prime location, for all you non Charlotte people). Well, that day there was a major disappointment when it was decided that they did not want a church in that location. That night the church had rented 2 buses to take us over to show us our "new location". But it ended up that instead of taking a tour, we all rode over there, got on our knees in the parking lot and prayed that God would bless us with that building so that people far from God would be filled with life in Christ. A few months later, the same people who turned us down were calling and asking if the church was still interested in that location. God worked and now we have our first permanent location.
Sitting there on Saturday I looked around and saw all the people and was so thankful (again) that I get to be a part of all of it. (Especially since they had to shut down the parking lot, close the doors, and turn people away!)
But Saturday night was just the beginning.
Sunday was a very full day. I know that Pastor must have been exhausted after preaching 6 out of 11 services. But when the numbers came in that over 7000 had walked through those doors and over 500 people had been saved - it was so worth it.
If you missed it, you can see some of the pictures here.
You also can listen to Pastor's sermon here.
(SO GOOD! All about faith. Key points for me - FAITH is believing God CAN, EXPECTING that He will and TRUSTING Him if He doesn't. And - God might not take you out of the fire, but he will stand with you in it!)
And to hear some of what the music sounded like - make sure that you enter my giveaway to get an Elevation Worship CD.
1 comment:
This is so awesome. I'm so excited for your church.
Post a Comment