Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baby Stuff...

First I have to tell y'all that I promise that I am not going to make this into a "baby blog", but there are a few things that I have to put on here. So, please bear with me for a few post/days.

Next I have to tell everyone thank you so much for your comments and kind words. I am so happy to share our news with everyone.

So, there are a few things that you might be wondering...

When did you find out you were pregnant?
I found out right about a month ago. It was the week of Father's Day. (Monday, June 15th to be exact.) I wasn't sure at first. So a few days later I took another test. It said I was still pregnant so I started to believe that it was really true.

Who was the first person that I told?
Josh! We then told my parents and sister for one of my Dad's Father's Day presents, but kept it a secret from everyone else until just a few days ago.

Pregnant symptoms/How do I feel?
I actually feel great. I haven't really had any sickness at all. The main symptom is that I am exhausted! I seriously feel like someone gave me a sleeping pill some days. I also have started to gain weight pretty quickly...*sigh*. Josh will also tell you that I am a little emotional. (I can blame it on hormones, right?)

I have wanted this and prayed about this for months. Honestly, when I first read the word "Pregnant" I was kinda surprised. All I could do was smile. Then I said a little prayer and thanked God. After I told Josh I had a little "moment". I started to cry and got all nervous, but now I am back to being really excited again. (Again, I can blame it on the hormones, right?)

Have you been to the Doctor?
Yes, I went to the doctor this last Friday. They did an ultra sound and we got to see him/her. The heartbeat was 106. They said that everything looked great and the baby seems very healthy so we decided it was time to get the word out.

There seemed to be a little confusion on how many weeks that I am. At first they told me that I was between 7 to 8 weeks and gave me a due date of Feb.22nd. Then they did the ultra sound and put me back a week. So my due date changed to March 3rd.

When we heard that, Josh and I turned and gave each other a look because Alyse's birthday is March 1st!

(If you know my due date history with her you might get the frustration in all that! They told me at first her due date was Feb 13th. Then they changed it to Feb 17th. I eventual had her on March 1st. Guess due dates aren't my thing!)

Because I had a c-section with Alyse I will probably have to have a c-section again anyway. (Which I am totally fine with!) We will probably schedule it when I am 38 to 39 weeks. So that means that it will probably be between Feb 15th-22nd. (And honestly, I will schedule it as far apart from Alyse's birthday as possible! I am someone who always had to share a birthday and I don't really want that for my babies.)

Also, I am switching to a different doctor this time. I liked my doctor's office that I used with Alyse, but I had heard great things about this one doctor who works Uptown, so I am going to switch to her. Which also means that I will be delivering at a new hospital and everything. So I guess this whole delivery is going to be a new experience for us.

Boy/Girl?
Well, of course it is too early to tell. Alyse seems to think it is a boy! Whenever you ask her about the baby she will say that it is a baby boy or a baby brother. Josh would be very happy with that! I honestly don't care. I would love to have a boy, but that also makes me nervous. I don't know what I would do with a boy! However, I too kinda have "boy feelings". But you know that if it is a girl I will be pulling out the hair bows and everything girly that I can get my hands on!!!! I would love another baby girl!

Name?
Well, you may have noticed that on the right I put "Baby B". That is what we will be referring to him/her for the next couple of months. Why? Well, because most likely the name will start with a "B". I have always wanted to start with "A" with my baby names and then go onto B, C... (My sister says that it is very "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", but I love it!)

Right now we do have a "B" boy name, but if it is a girl, I have NO clue what her name would be! (See another reason why it would be great if it is a boy.) However, I am sure that we will pick out a beautiful name for her!

The last thing that I wanted to tell y'all about was this crazy dream that I had!
Right after we found out that I was pregnant I had this dream that there were 5 babies. I woke up and told Josh that we were going to be Steph&Josh Plus 6! However, the ultra sound tech assured us that there is only 1.

Good thing because it would take some time to think of names that began with B, C, D, E, and F!

7 comments:

dawn said...

so much fun to read all about baby b!!!

lov said...

yay!!!
i've totally got baby fever...
but at this point, it is just a fever! :)(but i've totally picked out names already) :)

my bestest friend named her daughter Bryleigh
and i love the name Blair for a girl too!
(i'm gonna keep thinking of names and send them to you)

Courtney and the Boys said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! My friend named her girl Brynlie. :)

Colleen Gebhardt said...

If I have a baby girl one day, I am going to name her Bella. ;0)

Because of Love said...

Y'all can send me all the "B" girl names you can think of. Like all the ones I've read so far.

Erin said...

Congratulations Stephanie!

Natalie said...

Don't really have any B names, but I'm sure whatever you choose will be precious. I love the "7 Brides" thought process (one of my favorite musicals, by the way!) and your post almost made me baby hungry again, until my daughter woke up with a super shrill scream and took a few minutes to calm down and then go back to sleep...yeah, I'm good for awhile yet!

I've loved having a boy and girl, and for the record, boys are MUCH easier to raise (I have 5 brothers, no sisters, so when my son came, I knew just what to do...I had to have a nurse show me how to change a girl diaper because I'd never changed one before!) How's that from a girly-girl?!

Look forward to more baby stories though, and can completely relate to the hormones (poor hubby) and weird dreams. Be careful what you eat right before bed!