Are you ready?
I, Stephanie V_________, was EARLY to a Doctor's Appointment!
I know! Amazing!
You see, I am one of those people who tries as hard as I can to be early/on time to things, but still end up getting there about 5 minutes late. Always! Most of my clocks are set 5 to 15 minutes fast, but I always arrive late. It is something that I HATE about myself.
But today, I was a good 10 minutes early! I felt so much less stressed. (I really am going to have to work on doing this all the time.)
Anyway...
Let's get to the doctor's appointment.
Alyse had her 2 year check up.
(Yes, I realize that her birthday was 17 days ago, but something about my insurance said that I couldn't go until after the 15th of the month, so this was the first available appointment.)
Here are her stats:
She is 33 inches tall (40%tile)
She weighs 22lbs (18%tile)
I have to say that her Dr. really encouraged me today. We had the whole conversation about getting rid of the paci and potty training. I asked if he thought she was on schedule for all that.
He started with the paci and said that her teeth looked great and as long as she didn't have it in her mouth at all times, he was not concerned about it.
Then he went into the potty part. I told him that it seemed like so many people have their kids trained so early. My favorite quote was "Just because a kid wears underwear does not mean that they are potty trained!" He told me that most kids don't really fully understand the potty thing until 2.5 or 3, so that she was right on track if we are working on it now.
He told me not to stress. Yes, she is two, but she she will be two for a whole year, so there is really no rush to get rid of the paci and get her potty trained. He encouraged me just to enjoy her and not wish her to grow up too fast.
Thanks, Dr. C.! I needed that!
Here is my big two year old waiting for her check up:

5 comments:
did he also tell you...
that when a child is ready to be "potty trained" it literally takes a day!
when a child gets it...they get it....
and there is no problems with accidents and all that jazz!
I agree. Jaden wasnt potty trained until after three! Jake is newly potty trained and will be three in June! Sounds like shes right on track. :) Cute pic, by the way!
He did. He told me that his girls both learned in like a weekend (3 or 4 days). Which I guess I knew already, I just needed the encouragement...
I also have people tell me she is too old for a paci all the time. He said that her teeth look great. He told me that I will eventually have to take it. (Which I know. I don't think she will just hand it to me one day and stop asking for it.) He said that he personally thinks it is better for her to use a paci because they are easier to make kids stop sucking on than if they suck their thumb or hand because I can at least take it from her.
Again, it was just good to hear some words of encouragement. Especially since he has seen plenty of two year olds in his 22 yrs as a doctor.
Steph, Ilove this picture of her, she looks so sweet. I also love the picture of her swimming this afternoon. She does not look to stressed over the temperature.
Love Mom
I agree with the doctor to just "enjoy her". You won't believe how fast the time goes. Treasure every day because before you know it she will be 12 with an attitude (I look at Josh and can't believe that the time has gone so quickly)!
Kim
Post a Comment