Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pecan Muffins

This weekend I decided to make some of my favorite muffins. They are so yummy! So yummy that when Josh asked where they were the next day I had to tell him the girls and I had ate all 12 of them, and he didn't get 1.... Oops. 

I made him some of his own this morning before he went to work and thought I would share the recipe. They would be great for Thanksgiving morning but we eat them year round. 

Preheat oven to 425*

1 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix together dry ingredients

In separate bowl mix
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1tsp vanilla

Mix together dry and wet ingredients

Add some cooking spray to the bottom of your muffin pan so muffins do not stick. 

Finely chop about 1/2cup pecans and sprinkle in bottom of muffin pan. 

Scoop muffin mix into pan. Fill about 1/2 way. Makes 12 muffins. 

Bake 15-20mins. 
Will be a darker brown. Check to make sure it's cooked on inside. 

Use a knife and go around each muffin in the pan to unstick from sides. Let cool. Will pop right out so you can pop them right into your mouth. 

*Southern Living recipe

No comments: