Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cammie Lyn ~ 1 month


Miss Cammie Lyn is 1 month old. 
She is 5lb 2oz and 18.5 inches long 
(Growing a little bit but still tiny.)
(I kinda love how she has 1 finger up for 1 month.) 

So far she is a very sweet and pretty easy little thing. She still sleeps a lot. She likes to be held and snuggled up tight. We are trying to break her of the holding all the time part. I would love to hold her all day but really that's not possible. And holding her all night does not help my neck and back and I'm exhausted. At night she does sleep well. I usually put her down around midnight and she wakes up between 3 & 4am. She nurses a little and then is back out till about 7am. So not bad at all!

She is on a pretty good 3hr eating schedule. She is all breast milk which is new for me. I guess 3rd time is the charm and I am actually able to 100% nurse for the 1st time. 

She is still in preemie clothes and diapers. 

I think she is starting to be able to see a little better and is starting to respond and interact a little. There are a few smiles here and there. 

She loves to be rocked or walked around and is beginning to like her swing. She fusses when her diaper is changed. Basically she likes to be warm and wrapped up with some type of movement. (Like most newborns.) She likes her sound machine. Ocean waves are her fav- my little beach girl. She also likes music. 

Her sisters love her and are pretty good with her. Alyse is a very big helper and likes to hold and rock her. Breeley, well, God bless her.... She always wants to hold Cammie and love on her but she's not very gentle. She is also not very quiet. They aren't the best of friends right now but I'm sure they will get use to each other and become BFFs. (Praying, fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc!!!)

I'm feeling ok. I have still been going to the Dr and my blood pressure is still a little high, but I'm ok. I do get a headache and get really tired but its nothing like it was. I think for the most part I am just like any other stay at home mom of a 1month old, 3yr old, and 6yr old. I get excited to shower and eat a full meal. I was able to go to church the last 2 weeks and it was so nice to see my friends! I also actually almost cried going into the Worship Experience for 2 songs. I haven't really been to church in almost 3months so it felt so good to be in that room and worship. 

Josh is back to work and my mom is back at home so I'm officially on my own. I've survived getting everyone to church, the Drs, and a store by myself so I guess we are good. I'm happy things are back to normal - a new normal. 



No comments: