I've decided that I HAVE to get back to blogging in 2013!!!!
Before I get into this new year I need to finish off 2012.
I can't believe that I haven't even blogged Thanksgiving, let alone Christmas.
So here is some Thanksgiving Memories.
We did lots of fun things for school. There were many crafts and projects. Here are some hand printed turkeys that we made.
This is a little lunch that we had with some friends.
At home we did a Thanksgiving Tree. Each day the girls wrote down something they were thankful for.
We also learned about (and dressed up) as Pilgrims and Indians.
On Thanksgiving Day we were at my parent's house.
We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, did some fun crafts, and of course ate a big meal.
We also took a few holiday pictures.
Here is one of the new recipes that I found for this Thanksgiving. (We also had it for Christmas because it is very yummy! And yes it does taste just like Ruth's Chris Sweet Potatoes.)
Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
- CRUST
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 stick butter -- melted
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (You will have to cook these before hand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs -- well beaten
- 1 stick butter -- ( 1/2 cup) melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6
Next up, Christmas time!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment