Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday America


Happy Belated Birthday America!

We did celebrate 4th of July.
I did make some new decorations.
I'm just a little behind on posting about them.

First is my favorite thing that I made.
This "rag" wreath.
1 wire wreath
4 types of material - 1/2 yard each
(blue polka dot, red polka dot, red striped, blue with white stars)
Cut into strips.  I believe mine were 2in wide by 10 or 11inches long
Tie onto wire wreath

Next - Our mantle.
I made the big hanging stars from scrapbook paper.  I found the tutorial in a magazine.  I tried to find a tutorial online but couldn't.

These are some "fireworks" that I made.  There are some on top of our TV and on the mantle.
I saw something similar on Pinterest but just really made these up.
That is a balloon weight from the dollar store.  I then taped it down onto a can from my pantry.  I seriously just grabbed random canned food that I knew we didn't really need - canned peaches, some refried beans, black eyed peas...  Then I had some decorative paper that I wrapped around the can and taped at the seam.  For a little more decorating I cut a strip of alternate paper and taped on the center.  So cheap, easy, and cute.

Fourth of July printables.
1 and 2

Alyse and I also made these "windsocks" that I saw on Pinterest.  It's a spray painted can, decorated with stickers, and some streamers.

For the big day I also made some yummy festive treats.

We started the day with those Firework pancakes.
Then I got 2 little girls ready and tried to do a little patriotic photo shoot with them.


I still had some food to prepare and to get ready for the day so Josh and his mom took the girls to our little town's parade.



When they came home (very hot and sweaty) I asked Breeley how the parade was.  All she would say was "No Mickey" and that "Candy hurt me!".
Josh said she was very confused about why there was no Mickey Mouse in the parade and she is not very good at catching candy that many people were tossing/handing out.

After a little cookout we did some glitter/balloon "fireworks"



Soon after that Josh had to go to work.  (He has to work every 4th of July.)
After a nap I took the girls out for ice cream for dinner.


Then it was time to go watch some fireworks.
We just sat in our front yard.  We have some new neighbors who did a bunch so that worked out pretty well.  The girls had a great time.


The only one who didn't have a great time was the dog who is scared to death of thunderstorms and now fireworks.


No comments: