*So it's been a little longer than I thought it would be between post. I've been kinda busy lately... But I think I'm back. I got a few post already in the works so hopefully I won't be so sporadic.
Let's rewind back to Father's Day 2012.
Actually, let's go back a little before then.
I knew that chances were that we weren't going to be able to see Papa (my dad) on Father's Day and it had been awhile since we have seen him, so I planned a quick trip to Raleigh to go visit and check up on him. (My mom has been in Canada for MONTHS. My grandpa has been very sick, had a very serious surgery, and has been recovering slowly. He is home now, but my mom is still there to get him strong enough to take care of himself.)
For some reason Alyse thought it was a surprise that we were going to see Papa. She came up with a big surprise plan and could not wait. She also got Breeley super excited. So off we went to Papa's. He was pretty excited to see us.
After a few days "taking care" of Papa we came home to be with our own Daddy for Father's Day.
We love our Daddy so we wanted to make the day extra special for him, but he made it a little difficult because he told me that I could not spend any money on him. So we got a little creative.
I set up a sweet message on the counter for him to find in the morning.
(Reece pieces, M&Ms, and mini Oreos.)
Once he woke up....
(Alyse comes in and sleeps basically on top of him a lot. I don't know how either one of them sleeps like that. I really think that she just wants to be near him. She is a total Daddy's girl and will take any time that she can get with him....even if they are asleep.)
Anyway.. once they woke up there were 2 little girls who were just as excited about the candy on the counter as their Daddy was.
Alyse also gave Josh her next "gift" that we had put together for him.
She answered a few questions all about her Daddy.
(Her answers are in red.)
My Daddy's name is Josh
My Daddy is 19 years old.
My Daddy is 100 (feet) tall,
His hair is black and his eyes are brown
My Daddy's job is a police officer
My Daddy likes to wear a shirt and pants.
My Daddy likes to eat cookies. (He's the cookie monster.)
My Daddy likes to watch basketball
My Daddy likes to go to church
For fun, my Daddy likes to play with me and Breeley
My Daddy always tells me I love you, be good
I like it when my Daddy gives me piggy back rides
If I could give Daddy anything it would be a trip to the Disney castle
My favorite thing about Daddy is when he comes home
(That last one melts me!)
We were then off to church. We went to our original Elevation campus at Providence. I LOVED being back there. It brought back so many memories. I asked Alyse and she said that she remembered our "old church" (it's hard for her to get the whole 6 campus idea.) I picked her up and told her all about how that was the first church building that she ever went to and that when she was in my belly that was were we went to church every Sunday. She loved that and kept giggling.
After lunch we took a few pictures that I had been meaning to take before hand for one last present.
(They colored the hearts. Alyse did Josh's. Breeley did Papa's.)
When we got home we had one last thing for Daddy.
An ice cream cake. (Josh loves ice cream. Like a lot!)
I feel so lucky that I have Josh as my husband, but I love him even more because he really is wonderful Daddy. His girls love him more than anything, and so do I!
No comments:
Post a Comment