Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Breeley Birthday

Guess who turned 2 yesterday?!

This sweet baby girl... well, I guess she isn't really a baby anymore.

I was having major guilt because as of late Saturday afternoon I had not really put any thought into planning any type of celebration for her.  I hadn't sewn or put together an outfit, planned on baking anything, asked anyone over - nothing.  So, I told Josh that I was going to run to the store and try to pull something together.  (Poor second child!)  I also went through some birthday outfits and picked her out a super cute birthday outfit to wear to church Sunday.

She loved her squeaky shoes, and could not stop twirling her pettiskirt!

I guess when she was in eKidz on Sunday they sang "Happy Birthday" to her.  For the rest of the afternoon she tried to sing it to herself.  She keep saying "Happy to you.  Happy Breeley.  Happy Breeley Birthday".  So cute!

After she was in bed Sunday I baked, I crafted, and Josh and I decorated. 

I made this Minnie "Breeley is two" banner

and also spray painted and hot glued some foam circles to make a Minnie decoration


On her birthday morning she woke up to balloons in her room and Josh, Alyse and I sang her "Happy Birthday".

(I love that picture.  It is totally her!)


For breakfast she had some "Minnie" doughnuts

After a normal day (school, work, dance class, etc...)
Papa and Aunt Danielle came over for dinner to celebrate the big 2nd bday. 
(My mom is in Canada with my Grandpa who is recovering from a major surgery.)
Yes, Breeley was in her birthday suit for dinner.

To stick with the Minnie theme we had bow pasta (This recipe - it's so good!) and I made bread sticks in the shape of bows.

Then it was time to open a few presents.
Princess shoes, coloring books, a La La Loopsy (which Alyse picked out for her and I love to hear her say!) and a few little gifts that Josh and I had picked up when we at Disney World.  Plus Breeley finally got her chair from Papa and Grammy.  (Alyse got one for her birthday and there has been lots of not always friendly sharing.)




Then it was time for some Minnie cupcakes.






I think she had a very happy 2nd birthday!


1 comment:

thefisherlady said...

I love birthday parties... what a lot of beautiful work to bless your children!
Kids are indeed a gift from the Lord