Monday, April 23, 2012

Disney Driving and Downtowning



Our countdown to Disney finally hit 0 days left last Sunday.
We loaded up the car and headed out on an 8hr trip.

The girls were excited to finally open up those Disney bags that had tons of fun things for them to do.

There was lots of coloring. 
(Breeley's newest obsession!)

 Magnetic paper dolls

Books to read and also some read along books on CD.

And of course a bunch of new movies and a new princess sing along CD.
(I sang along more than the girls did.)

I did try to get some rest time in there.
This is Breeley when I told her to take a nap.

Eventually she did fall asleep.

Finally this sign came into view.

Oh the excitement!


We checked into our Disney Resort. 
(The Pop Century - we stayed in the 90s area.)
And headed off to our room to check it out.
This is us inside a huge Rubik cube.



After freshening up a little we got on the bus to head out for dinner and some shopping at Downtown Disney.


(Yes I made these dresses.  I saw them online and copied them...)

The first store we went to was the Christmas store.  (Yay!)  We bought a few things (I buy an ornament on all of our big vacations to put on our Family Tree) and then we headed to dinner at Wolfgang Puck.  (Yummy!  However, we had our first reminder that Disney is suppose to be fun and not a place for domestic issues!  Somehow we ended up sitting beside a family where the little girl and mother were so ugly to each other.  There was lots of drama.  I was reminded to not be a mom that fusses at your child about everything and to let some things go.  I think Alyse learned what it looks like when little girls choose to whine, fight, and disobey everything her mother says.)

After eating we headed to the World of Disney to look around.  By the time we were done in there it was pretty late.
I know this isn't the best picture but I love Breeley's face.  She was so excited.

Of course we had to take a picture by the big Lego dragon in the water.

Then we headed back to the hotel.
Before we left I put out some Rapunzle dolls that I had bought and a note from Mickey welcoming them to Disney World.  They were so excited.


We finally got them all settled in and ready for bed.  We knew that we had a long, busy, exciting day the next day.  However there was a lot of giggling going on in the bed.

Eventually we had to split them up.  I had to sleep with Breeley and Josh had to sleep with Alyse to get them to finally fall asleep.

Next up: Magic Kingdom Day 1

No comments: