Friday, April 6, 2012

Baking and Crafting

My kitchen has been full of Easter activities. I have been baking (some of us, some for friends, and some for Alyse's party at school.) We have also been doing some crafting.

First up I decided to make some cute bunny pretzels that I saw on Pinterest.
I was working on putting on the faces when Alyse walked up and said, "Mommy, why are you making pigs for Easter?"
(The pink is suppose to be the ears and the bottom is the face - eyes, nose.  She was looking at the pink being the eyes and the bottom a nose I guess.)

The same day I also made these carrot sugar cookies to take to Alyse's party at school.
Underneath is oreo "dirt". Not sure if you can see it very well.  I got the green cupcake liners and told them it was grass.


My final baking was some bunny cookies to go with the carrot cookies.


As I was baking Alyse worked on some crafts.  Breeley was with my parents for a few days so Alyse was able to sit and be as creative as she wanted to be.  She loved it. 



That is her craft display.  (She decorated it herself.) Her eggs, then the duck and chick were what she was working on above, a picture frame and picture of us from the Elevation party, and then a craft she made at school that I love.  Here is a close up off it. 
When she brought it home we had a great discussion over what everything was the story of Jesus dying on the cross and rising again.

Together we also made some string Easter eggs that I saw on Pinterest.
We used embroidery floss, balloons, and I decided to just use white school glue. 
(The directions off of Pinterest used liquid starch.)
First I had to have Josh blow up the balloons for me.  I can not blow up things~balloons, inflatable toys... They are not my talent. 
Once we did that it was time to put the floss in glue and wrap around the balloons.  This ended up being my project.  Alyse helped with 1 balloon and then she got distracted by an episode of
Dr. McStuffin on the Disney Channel (a show she has never seen before.) So I ended up doing all the gluing.  She did come over and give me instructions on what color should be used next.  So helpful.
Here they are drying.  (Couldn't take a during picture with my hands all gluey.)

I think the balloons we used were a little too big so ours our more like colorful balls.  These are what ours looked liked this morning.  I need to clean them up a bit and decide where to put them.


My final craft was some decorating Easter eggs myself.

First was I got some white plastic eggs at Hobby Lobby. 
Half of them I found some scrap ribbon and hot glued them around the middle.  Very easy.


Then I made these cute polka dot, glitter eggs.
So easy, so cute.
(Stick on glue dots, roll in glitter.  Tada!)

There are 2 more Easter things that I have planned.
I am hoping to get to them tomorrow morning before we head off of to Easter services.
Elevation's services start tonight.  There will be I think 32 services over the next 3 days.  If you are in the Charlotte area and would like some tickets please let me know! I would love for you to join us.

Hope you all have a wonderful Good Friday!

No comments: