Once upon a time Josh and I use to go out for dates on Valentine's Day. We use to dress up and give each other cute gifts...
Now, Valentine's Day is more about loving on two little girls.
They woke up to flowers and balloons from Daddy.
Then they each got a movie (Lady and the Tramp and Treasure Buddies.)
I also had picked out a locket for both of them.
We ate a yummy breakfast of cinnamon rolls with candy hearts.
(Josh loves him a cinnamon roll. They were really chosen with him in mind.)
Then some Valentine's cards were exchanged.
Alyse made this for us at school.
Josh did get me a card and then brought me home this. :)
This is the Valentine that I sent to Josh.
We spent the day at home working on a few projects.
When Josh came home I could tell that he was looking around for something. I knew what he was looking for. He was looking for the roses that I knew that he had ordered for me. All day long I had also been looking for them. I have received roses from Josh for the last 14yrs, so I knew that they were coming.
We had dinner, which ended with a little chocolate, strawberries, and marshmallows.
Then we did baths, put on jammies, and settled down to watch a movie.
Right before bedtime the door bell rang.
Yep, my roses finally arrived.
Josh and I ended the night with some more chocolate covered strawberries and then Friday Night Lights, because food and TV is part of our love languages to each other.



1 comment:
What a great day! I love that you make it all about family!!
Post a Comment