Last week we participated in Love Week here in Charlotte.
Our church, along with 31 other churches served over 50,000 volunteer hours and Elevation gave away over $200,000 to our outreach partners that we work with that help our city everyday.
Compared to a lot of other people I feel like our family didn't do all that much, but we served I think about 15hrs.
Here is a look at some of the things that we did.
On Monday, I went and helped my friend, Stephanie, make these baskets. She and her family have started working on a foundation that helps to support sick children and their families. They personally went through an experience where her son was very sick and started JCKidArt. The day after I helped her put together some baskets she, along with our Pastor and his wife Holly, and the mayor of Charlotte, delievered the baskets to the Levine Children's Hospital.
My Tuesday project actually got pushed to Wednesday, but I made these paper flowers that were used as centerpieces at a house party that Ekids (our children's ministry) hosted at the Ronald McDonald House on Saturday.
Also on Wednesday, Breeley and I went to the store and bought things for some gift baskets, also for the children at the Ronald McDonald House.
Breeley was given a box to fill up in her class on Sunday. Alyse told me she wanted to do something for a girl her age with "lots of princesses."
We took them and dropped them off on Thursday at the church office.
Also on Thursday we helped to put together bags for A Child's Place, which helps to feed homeless children here in Charlotte.
We also put together a basket for a police officer. Before we dropped it off at church we took a minute to pray for the officer who recieved it that they would be safe and feel appreciated. (We also prayed over the boxes we gave to the Ronald McDonald House.)
I am really proud to say that we were a small part of this week.
I admire all the people who gave their time to honor and show God's love to our city.
One thing about Elevation that I really love is that we are being Jesus to others and not just talking about Him. It is making a difference in so many people's lives, including mine and the 2 little girls who are learning to show God's love to others and be a light for Him.





1 comment:
I think what y'all did was truly awesome!! I admire all the churches working together and serving the ones God loves!!
Post a Comment