Monday, February 6, 2012

Doily Hearts

As you know, Alyse loves a craft.  I saw in a magazine that I get an idea for a Valentine's shirt using a paper heart doily and fabric paint.  I showed her the picture and she was all about making her own Valentine's outfit.  When I went to Hobby Lobby to get the supplies I also saw some cute/cheap pink t-shirt dresses.  I grabbed those instead of a t-shirt.
The weather was really nice the other day so we got to work.

We used a glue stick to glue down the heart and then I gave her a sponge brush and let her carefully paint over the holes in the doily.


Once she was done I pulled up the doily and we let it dry.

All done.
Today she wore it to school.  She was very proud of making her own Valentine's outfit.



BTW:  I added the links to the patterns/tutorials that I used for the other outfits that I made in the last link.

2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I saw that in Family Fun, too! I saved it to try next year when Deb is a little bigger. By the time I saw it, she already had so many Valentine's outfits for this year!

Becca said...

Oh how fun! I love that you let Alyse join in! I bet she was super proud!