Alyse was a bunny.
All of us went to go hang out in the cold to watch her bounce by and then sing a few songs. It was freezing by the way!
Here are a few short clips of the parade and song.
Notes:
- She cracks me up hopping instead of walking.
- You will see that she has to stop (and holds up the whole line!) because her nose pops off and she can't see it stuck to her sweater. Mommy had to stop recording and run over to help a girl out.
- This is the first time that I used my camera to both take pictures and video so I missed the first part of the songs. Oh well.
- The second song is called "Gray Squirrel." For weeks now I thought she was saying "Grade School". I wondered why she was shaking her "tail" when talking about school.
After the parade it was time for their fall party.
I am a room mom so I was in charge of a few things like picking up the pizza, baking some cookies to decorate, making some decorations/treat bags, and planning a game.
Here are my "treat bags" (These were mostly for decorations. The other parents sent in a bunch of toys and candy for big treat bags.) The "pumpkin seeds" were M&Ms
I made pumpkin sugar cookies and then gave the kids chocolate chips and let them made faces.
For the game, I went and bought enough plastic pumpkins for each of the students in the class. Then I wrote their names on the bottom. I also made each student a bag with equal amounts of candy in it. When I got to the school I set them up into 2 pyramids. I split the kids up into 2 lines and gave them each a bag of the candy. They threw their candy into the pumpkins. Once everyone was done I handed out the pumpkins according to the names that were on the bottom. They "won" whatever candy was inside so everyone "won".
bonus - no clean up. :)
When we went home after the party Alyse told me that she liked having me come and play with her.
It made me so happy and totally worth all the time of making tissue paper pumpkins and icing cookies!
1 comment:
The teacher came out! Maybe your next calling is starting a preschool at Elevation :)
Post a Comment