I am excited to see you tomorrow!
We are looking forward to filling your days with lots of fun Christmas activities.
I put together a little Christmas Countdown to help us spread out all those events. Alyse is already excited about opening one of these bags everyday to see what is planned.
(I bought those bags in the Christmas gift wrapping section at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off. The numbers are stickers from the scrapbooking section which also happened to be 1/2 off. The green is a thick wired ribbon that was left over from another decoration. I simply safety pinned the strings to the back for me to take off and then put back on everyday. It was cheap, pretty fast, and easy.)
Here is our list of Christmas fun:
Elf on the Shelf
Christmas Pagent at preschool
Felt tree and ornaments
Making a gingerbread house
Watching Christmas movies and sleeping out by the big tree
Making Christmas bags for friends
Baking Christmas cookies
Picture with Santa
Take cookies to friends at eGroup
Going to look at Christmas lights in our neighborhood
Writing a letter to Santa
Going to "elf" some friends
Crafts - Decorating Santa's house, making Santa ornaments
Making a cone Christmas tree
Carolina Christmas
Christmas party at pre-school
Going to buy a present for Sissy
Special trip to the Polar Express
Ice skating or seeing a movie at the theater
What God Wants for Christmas
Playing in the "snow"
Wrapping presents
Meeting Daddy Uptown for lunch and to see the singing bears and decorations
Act out the Christmas story with the Nativity
ect...
Also slipped into those bags on certain days is "Open a Christmas book".
(We don't have 24 for to open one a day. We only have about 15. I will have to work on building the Christmas book collection....)
We also are going to help Santa build up his beard so he will be ready to come visit on Christmas Eve. (The cotton balls are ready to go.)
Plus we have those cardboard boxes with the doors that you open with chocolate on the inside. I went ahead and got 2 so that there would be no fighting over chocolate every day.
And these countdowns that we use every year.
This one is musical. It plays a Christmas carol when you open the door.
(I put 2 chocolates in each door of that one too.)
This one Frosty tells you what is going on at the North Pole to get ready for the big day.
The next 25 days should be full of lots of fun!
1 comment:
What a fun time! We are also this year doing something everyday, I tried last year and we missed some days, so hopefully this year we are a success! Can't wait to see how it goes for you!
Post a Comment