Monday, October 10, 2011

365.40

Project 365
Week 40

Monday, Oct 3rd
After school I had to run to Hobby Lobby.  I told Alyse that she could pick one craft out to do when we got home.  She usually picks a cheap craft (like $1-$5) but instead she fought me hard for this $25 blanket that you cut and tie together.  Let me tell you, that girl has a lot of persistence in her!  I finally gave in and bought it.  Of course it was way too hard for her to do, so I ended up with a craft.  But she seems happy with her new blanket and I learned to be more specific in giving craft choices.

Tuesday, Oct 4th
At church this past weekend the Quest kids were given a pizza box with a chef's hat, an apron, and recipes for pizza and a slushy that reviewed what they had learned about at church the last few weeks.  (Super cute!)  Here is Alyse ready to make her pizza.

Wednesday, Oct 5th
Alyse had "show and tell" day at swimming.
She is showing Breeley and I how she can float.
We are actually taking her out of swimming at the end of this month to give her a little break.  Her schedule has been really full lately and I decided that we just can't do it all.

Thursday, Oct 6th
Guess who was back visiting for the weekend while her family was away?
Mocha - and she went right back to sitting on my table.

Friday, Oct 7th
We bought Lion King and saved it for a night when Daddy would be home so we could all watch it together.  Josh comes home a lot on Fridays for dinner and putting the girls to bed and then goes back to work an overtime job, but I talked him into staying home with us all night.

Saturday, Oct 8th
After lunch we had ice cream cones.  Breeley did not want any help and wanted to do it herself.  She didn't really know what to do with a cone, but we just let her make a mess and enjoy herself.

Sunday, Oct 9th
I thought that I would try out a few new recipes.  I made the apple fritters that I posted the recipe for last week.  They were good.  As I predicted I am not the best at finding the right temp for the oil.  So they were a little gooey in the inside, but Josh ate a bunch of them anyway.
I also made these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with icing.
They were a little "spicy".  Alyse didn't like them at all.  I thought that they were ok, but not worth wasting the calories.  Josh liked them, but only with the icing to add some sweet.
Here is the recipe if you want to try them.
I will post other pumpkin recipes later this week.


Also this weekend I worked hard on "fixing" my blog.  I did a lot of work on trying to make it look better.  I also am working on adding labels.  Yay for organization!  I still have a number of post to go through but if you ever need to search for crafts, recipes, or anything else hopefully it will be easier for ya - and for me too.

1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

Okay, so funny that you did blog updates. I was on here searching for your post on bows for forever the other day and thought about emailing you to ask you to put a search bar in because I also spend a long time trying to find your strawberry short cake recipe every time I make it!

That's just too coincidental that you thought to do that right I after I was a busy searching girl!

Looks like you guys had a fun week! Lion King was always one of my favorites.