Setting: The kitchen
Josh comes in carrying the mail.
Josh: "Alyse, you have some mail!"
Alyse runs in from other room and Josh hands her this post card.
Me: "Oh, I think it is from your teacher!"
Alyse hands the card to me. "What does it say, Mommy"
Me: "Dear Alyse, I'm so glad you're in my classthisyear(sniff - long pause of trying to stop crying)Ilookforwardtoseeingyouatpreschool(stops to wipe eyes)Love, Miss Nancy"
I look up to see Josh shaking his head at me.
Alyse: "What does it say? Why are you crying, Mommy?"
Then she takes the card and hands it to Josh to read to her as I try to pull myself together.
Yep, I totally broke down.
She starts school on Friday.
We have open house on Wednesday.
I think I am going to be the crazy mommy crying in the corner.
The funny thing is that I have been telling Josh that I can't wait for her to start school. I think it will be so good for her. I think it will also be good for me.
But she is my 1st baby.
How is she a "school age kid"?!
Oh my heart. It's going to be a hard week for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment